• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 102: let us discuss bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbE08

Stegosaurus are bush league
Reaction score
sorry for the delay!

Last edited:
[video=youtube;2PeDvbLRR58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2PeDvbLRR58[/video]

What happened there? I was 2000 and then came back it was 2001. Weird.

sorry for the delay!

1270788237226.jpg

Got a little glitchy somehow I guess. I'd only be suspicious if it had happened the other way around (moving from 2k to 1999 or something) because that would indicate a delete.

But when a mod/admin calls a winrar (like tsy did) that makes the decision final.

Congrats.

And in response to your post re the steel bikes, I was primarily looking at steel because of the commuting factor. I'm planning on some longer riding, but nothing uber hardcore. Took me almost 2 months of trying out a bunch of different rides and just felt the most comfortable on the Pacer.

Congrats.

And in response to your post re the steel bikes, I was primarily looking at steel because of the commuting factor. I'm planning on some longer riding, but nothing uber hardcore. Took me almost 2 months of trying out a bunch of different rides and just felt the most comfortable on the Pacer.

that's what it comes down to, especially if you don't want to spend a ton of time parting together something specific. at this point i know almost too much about the fit i like, so any purchase from here out is going to require a bunch of adjustments (new stem, new handlebars, possibly new crank arms).

oh man, work blocked the boards for like 10 minutes. 10 minutes of panic. glad they're back now.

that's what it comes down to, especially if you don't want to spend a ton of time parting together something specific. at this point i know almost too much about the fit i like, so any purchase from here out is going to require a bunch of adjustments (new stem, new handlebars, possibly new crank arms).

I'm not a big enough expert at this point to spend the time and money parting a bike together to be perfect. But I found it amazing how a few milimeters here and a half a degree there could make such a big difference. There were a couple I got on that I immediately knew were not right. There was one that I really wanted to like, but no matter how I adjusted or what size I tried, I just couldn't get totally comfortable.

I want to leave the office early to start my drive but I feel weird knocking on my boss' closed door to bother him to ask/tell that I'm going.

I want to leave the office early to start my drive but I feel weird knocking on my boss' closed door to bother him to ask/tell that I'm going.

dhtoy is harassing me about leaving early. he wants to get on the road around 4:45, which i realize shouldn't be a big deal. but i hate leaving early if my boss is still at work. fingers crossed my boss leaves early today and then i can just slip out unnoticed.

My boss' door was open and I brought him some candy. He was like "are you also bringing bad news or trying to butter me up?" I told him it was buttering him up and he said I could go early. :)

hope you can get out early too!

I'm not a big enough expert at this point to spend the time and money parting a bike together to be perfect. But I found it amazing how a few milimeters here and a half a degree there could make such a big difference. There were a couple I got on that I immediately knew were not right. There was one that I really wanted to like, but no matter how I adjusted or what size I tried, I just couldn't get totally comfortable.

yep, it's shocking... and also annoying. at this point i generally know which brands work best for me as a base, and from there I just kind of expect to spend ~$200-300 more making it 'right'.

dhtoy is harassing me about leaving early. he wants to get on the road around 4:45, which i realize shouldn't be a big deal. but i hate leaving early if my boss is still at work. fingers crossed my boss leaves early today and then i can just slip out unnoticed.

hope it works for you! i'm also not a fan of leaving early when people see me, especially if my coworker who has my same job is still here, but i usually get over it. my direct boss doesn't really care, but the boss boss notices. if i know i've done my work for the day and put my time in (big difference: i usually eat at my desk, coworker usually goes out for an hour) that should be what matters, but it still sometimes irks me that it looks like i'm slacking when really we just schedule our time differently.

My boss' door was open and I brought him some candy. He was like "are you also bringing bad news or trying to butter me up?" I told him it was buttering him up and he said I could go early. :)

hope you can get out early too!

ha, good on him for recognizing what was going on.

hope it works for you! i'm also not a fan of leaving early when people see me, especially if my coworker who has my same job is still here, but i usually get over it. my direct boss doesn't really care, but the boss boss notices. if i know i've done my work for the day and put my time in (big difference: i usually eat at my desk, coworker usually goes out for an hour) that should be what matters, but it still sometimes irks me that it looks like i'm slacking when really we just schedule our time differently.

boss's boss doesn't care (he's the CFO, so he sits on the exec level and doesn't come down to our floor enough to care). and boss would claim he doesn't care. but then he has a habit of making snide comments about how little people in other departments work (they probably work 40-45ish hour weeks). i know he thinks bad things about us when we leave early. and he's not being hypocritical. he works his ass off. which i guess is why he expects us to put in the same kind of hours. but i personally value my work-life balance a little more than he does.

plus we have to drive 4 hours. come oooooooooooooooon.

boss's boss doesn't care (he's the CFO, so he sits on the exec level and doesn't come down to our floor enough to care). and boss would claim he doesn't care. but then he has a habit of making snide comments about how little people in other departments work (they probably work 40-45ish hour weeks). i know he thinks bad things about us when we leave early. and he's not being hypocritical. he works his ass off. which i guess is why he expects us to put in the same kind of hours. but i personally value my work-life balance a little more than he does.

plus we have to drive 4 hours. come oooooooooooooooon.

i would argue that you put in your time 99% of the time, and if on one friday afternoon you have to cut out a little early, that's acceptable. that's just my opinion, though, and i have no control over your raises :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back