• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 102: let us discuss bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only think of one: the end of that friendship.

i agree with you on many things, but this is not one of them.
i feel it's the responsibility of close friends and family to speak their mind if they think a relationship is particularly toxic. not like, "oh, his hair is bad." but more like "um, he seems really volatile and i worry for you in a heated discussion; plus, he is alienating all of your friends."

How was he on SNL tonight? I will have to catch it on Hulu in the morning.

I was talking about his SNL performance, he wasn't in any skits. His music definitely lowered the mood of the show, especially with Fred Armisan, Seth Meyers, and Bill Hader having big silly send-off skits.

i agree with you on many things, but this is not one of them.
i feel it's the responsibility of close friends and family to speak their mind if they think a relationship is particularly toxic. not like, "oh, his hair is bad." but more like "um, he seems really volatile and i worry for you in a heated discussion; plus, he is alienating all of your friends."

Is that not being supportive? If she says "nah, I'm all set" do you walk away? If/when shit goes south, do you just drop an "I told you so" and peace out?

Is that not being supportive? If she says "nah, I'm all set" do you walk away? If/when shit goes south, do you just drop an "I told you so" and peace out?

no- you are there for her after the fact. but you don't have to support her decision to be with a dude.

So while she is with this bro, she is just dead to you?

No I'm still friends with her. She just knows her bf isn't my favorite and that I think she could do better. I've told her this and so has our other friend. She knows how we feel, we tolerate her bf because she likes him and are there for her when they break up. She did hide the fact that they got back together for a day from me and another friend because she knew we wouldn't exactly be "excited" about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back