• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 102: let us discuss bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeacHoops, my friend has started blogging while on the trail if you're interested in seeing any of that.
Also- she's been having issues with appetite (she has none) after the days are so hot and the exertion is up. Did you ever deal with this at all, and do you have any advice?

i really really really hope the cicadas don't find their way to my neck of the woods. also, i really really really want to go read and drink a marg on my couch outside before going out tonight. #nerdypregame

DeacHoops, my friend has started blogging while on the trail if you're interested in seeing any of that.
Also- she's been having issues with appetite (she has none) after the days are so hot and the exertion is up. Did you ever deal with this at all, and do you have any advice?

i'd love to see the blog!

as for the appetite, it's been a while, so i'm having trouble remembering exactly how it went. but i definitely remember not eating NEARLY as much as i thought i should at the beginning. after probably a month though, your appetite really kicks up, and it's really hard after that point to get enough to eat. though the heat isn't something that i had to deal with as much as she might be right now. there were record breaking rains the year that i hiked it, and it kept the temperature mostly cool-ish. there were some hot days, but they really weren't unbearable. maine was actually our hottest state, and it was just because it was the first time on the trail where it went more than 2 days without raining.

CharlesBukowskiThatIsAll-75765.jpg

i'd love to see the blog!

as for the appetite, it's been a while, so i'm having trouble remembering exactly how it went. but i definitely remember not eating NEARLY as much as i thought i should at the beginning. after probably a month though, your appetite really kicks up, and it's really hard after that point to get enough to eat. though the heat isn't something that i had to deal with as much as she might be right now. there were record breaking rains the year that i hiked it, and it kept the temperature mostly cool-ish. there were some hot days, but they really weren't unbearable. maine was actually our hottest state, and it was just because it was the first time on the trail where it went more than 2 days without raining.

www.darkroomanddearly.com

oh wait. she's on the PCT. i was thinking AT. never mind. i still love reading about it, but i have absolutely no knowledge to lend :)

oh, i know- but the idea of not having as much of an appetite, etc, is still applicable.

Two weeks until summer hours kick in at my office! Greatest idea evarr! From Memorial Day to Labor day our office close at lunch on Fridays... You have to be responsible with your workload, of course, but 4.5 day weeks are acceptable all summer... Maybe I'll try to take advantage this year!

I think my boss may be gone for the day. The other one has a conference call at 5. I really don't have a whole lot to do right now.

I've knocked out all my usual time wasters and I still have an hour left

Everything my cousin posts on Facebook makes me want to hit something.

Two weeks until summer hours kick in at my office! Greatest idea evarr! From Memorial Day to Labor day our office close at lunch on Fridays... You have to be responsible with your workload, of course, but 4.5 day weeks are acceptable all summer... Maybe I'll try to take advantage this year!

where do you work? no worries if you don't want to share, but i'm curious.

Everything my cousin posts on Facebook makes me want to hit something.

in a "the world is sad/kids these days" kind of way, or a "how can i possibly be related to this scumbag" kind of way?

Just a few examples:

My baby has norovirus I hope he's ready for the big weekend.

Your baby is 22 years old lives at home and works at a car wash after failing out of community college. Rather than save his money he opted for a bible quote tattoo spanning his wingspan from one wrist to the other, which is ironic because he looks like a skinhead and loves to make racist comments in crowded bars.

It became a huge family ordeal when she had to come pick him up at 3AM even though he was supposed to crash at my brothers place because my brother was off to bang some hoodrat and gave him the address the number of the cab company and cash to get home but he somehow needed his mommy.

/rant

I would love this. Summertime makes me so happy.

Lumosity is a good time waster too. And apparently is making me smarter.

two of my nyc girlfriends have this perk. SO jelly. sunshine always makes me want to hurry up and get outside on Fridays, and usually my boss is pretty cool about letting us scurry on out but i have enough work this week and next to employ my own chinese sweat shop unfortch sooooo no leaving early for this gal.

two of my nyc girlfriends have this perk. SO jelly. sunshine always makes me want to hurry up and get outside on Fridays, and usually my boss is pretty cool about letting us scurry on out but i have enough work this week and next to employ my own chinese sweat shop unfortch sooooo no leaving early for this gal.

You have so much work, you can't even finish typing words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back