• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 105: Cheap Hotel Room Available in Boone! PM deacphan for deets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article mentions that "His parents had said they felt a little chilly when getting off the elevator" and all I can think of is the scene from Sixth Sense when the thermostat drops and ghosts start to appear.

OH SHOOT, HAUNTED BEST WESTERN!

I've definitely had water moccasins swim within feet of my body while swimming in ponds in NC. Some scary stuff.

The article mentions that "His parents had said they felt a little chilly when getting off the elevator" and all I can think of is the scene from Sixth Sense when the thermostat drops and ghosts start to appear.

Movie_i_see_dead_people-769472.jpg

Thanks! Should also mention I am leaving Winston-Salem - my hometown and the only place I've ever lived, save for Boone/Beech Mountain for 8 years.

Hello Chicago! :rock:

What are you going to be doing?

I think he meant that women are more excited to be married than to be married to X.

I am looking forward to (hopefully) being married someday but since I have no idea who it will be to, it's just the general idea that is desirable to me. That's sad if women aren't excited about marrying their specific person.

I'll be handing in my resignation this week after 14 years here, 17 in the computer biz.

Goodbye corporate life, hello entrepreneurship. :beer:

:woot: good luck/congrats!

Anyone following this Best Western story in Boone? An 11-year old kid died in a room over the weekend, and just a few months earlier an elderly couple died in that same room.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/06/09/4096129/mystery-surrounds-boone-motel.html

eeek that is creeptastic.

That hotel thing is screwy. In my mind (because I watch too much criminal minds) there's a pay go out there who's fixated on that room and pumps in gas. The fact that the boy's mom is also ill/critical definitely makes it shadier.

omgomgomg THE GOOGLE DOODLE IS AMAZING

yep yep, it's pretty great, though I don't think I know the other books besides Where the Wild Things Are. (which btw I don't ever remember reading growing up, though my sister swears we had it. I read it when I was visiting nephew the other week and it was unfamiliar. nobody will be surprised by this.)

Good luck...does she have a lot of contacts up there?

Do you have a band? At least bands get paid there.

yeah shes been in business a couple of years and growing. I have no band lined up but I'll find something Im sure. gonna feel it out.

yep yep, it's pretty great, though I don't think I know the other books besides Where the Wild Things Are. (which btw I don't ever remember reading growing up, though my sister swears we had it. I read it when I was visiting nephew the other week and it was unfamiliar. nobody will be surprised by this.)

Loving the Doodle too. I loved "Where the Wild Things Are" growing up.

On another note, I'm currently disliking the government at the moment. They decided to change some of their food and poverty definitions. All my work from last week, now has to be redone so that I can release new projects to the press this week. It is a big pain in my ass right now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back