• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 105: Cheap Hotel Room Available in Boone! PM deacphan for deets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or are more women who are excited about the concept of being married than women that are excited about marrying their fiance/spouse?

(this has nothing to do with Barca, I know next to nothing about him and his wife. Just brought up after some observations over the weekend)

i don't know if you said it the way you meant to say it. are you saying women are more excited about the wedding than the marriage? or what are you saying?

i know that i'm personally not really into this whole wedding thing. it's why we hired a wedding planner. if it had been left up entirely to me, we probably would have just gotten married without anybody else there in hawaii or the caribbean or something. but i'm super excited about the actual marriage. i'm just not the party-planning type.

i don't know if you said it the way you meant to say it. are you saying women are more excited about the wedding than the marriage? or what are you saying?

i know that i'm personally not really into this whole wedding thing. it's why we hired a wedding planner. if it had been left up entirely to me, we probably would have just gotten married without anybody else there in hawaii or the caribbean or something. but i'm super excited about the actual marriage. i'm just not the party-planning type.

I think he meant that women are more excited to be married than to be married to X.

I'll be handing in my resignation this week after 14 years here, 17 in the computer biz.

Goodbye corporate life, hello entrepreneurship. :beer:

If you need any marketing help (or writing in general) I know an awesome freelancer.
and good luck!

Thanks! Should also mention I am leaving Winston-Salem - my hometown and the only place I've ever lived, save for Boone/Beech Mountain for 8 years.

Hello Chicago! :rock:

There is a black mamba somewhere in that room.

ughhh heebie jeebiesssss. i had a dream last night about snakes. i dreamed i got bit by a tiny, non-poisonous snake but was still freaking out about it (obviously...). for some reason i was in my high school's hallway and some guy made fun of me freaking out about the non-poisonous snake bite and was like "oh yeah? you think that's bad?" and threw a copperhead at me. it slithered around, i freaked out some more (obviously) but it didn't bite me. i ran out and ran the 20 miles back to my parents house. SCARY!!!

getsome is at the beach and posted on FB that she was swimming in the pool of the house/hotel and A SNAKE SWAM BY. IN THE POOL.

The article mentions that "His parents had said they felt a little chilly when getting off the elevator" and all I can think of is the scene from Sixth Sense when the thermostat drops and ghosts start to appear.

getsome is at the beach and posted on FB that she was swimming in the pool of the house/hotel and A SNAKE SWAM BY. IN THE POOL.

A good friend of mine in HS had a pool in the backyard with a hot tub right above (the water could overflow the hot tub down some brick stairs into the pool). We would jump off the platform on the edge of the hot tub into the pool all the time (about 3 feet off the water). One night we were chillin the hot tub, and our friend who was a Scottish exchange student jumped off, saw a snake in the water as he was in mid air, shrieked, and landed in the water about 18" from the snake. He swam like a maniac to other side of the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back