• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 106: Sorry I'm not sorry that my titles aren't good enough for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am doing standup on Friday and I am pretty nervous about how some of my new jokes are going to play out.

tell the jokes to us and we'll tell you if they're good!

WTF kinda question is that? If you're an American, you can and should always cheer for America and FUCK MEXICO.

well I didn't know if I was allowed to be a fan if I wasn't aware of the games. I did so well having people over for PBR and Bugles and soccer for the friendly the other week.

Do you tend to reread/rewatch things or go for something new?

Both.

I tend to reread after I read something new I didn't like so I know I'll like it. LOTR, On The Road, and The Winter of Our Discontent are the three books I've read the most by far. That, and I read T.S. Eliot/Ezra Pound probably weekly.

I was on a nonfiction kick for a while with Malcolm Gladwell and Thinking Fast and Slow and those kinds of books, but I'm back into fiction.

I think Two Towers is my favorite, but every time I read "In the House of Tom Bombadil" from Fellowship I just get so pumped.

WTF kinda question is that? If you're an American, you can and should always cheer for America and FUCK MEXICO.

I agree with both of these posts with every fiber of my being.

tell the jokes to us and we'll tell you if they're good!

that's not exactly how stand-up works, written delivery isn't the same as oral/physical/whatever. The same thing that could get a chuckle when written might get a groan IRL and vice versa

that's not exactly how stand-up works, written delivery isn't the same as oral/physical/whatever. The same thing that could get a chuckle when written might get a groan IRL and vice versa

then post a video. whatever.

I didn't even know there was a USA game last night. I'm the worst wants-to-be-a-soccer-fan ever. Plus I don't even call it football. Should I stop trying or can I keep cheering for MERICA?

mmm interesting.

so I was contemplating buying a food processor but I don't really know what I would use it for. It seems you could have made that "ice cream" in a blender too, right?

also - do you eat a lot of protein powder? are you ever worried about getting too much protein? I have no interest in supplementing my protein intake but I don't know maybe I should/need to.

also also - I made a huge mistake... decided to try So Delicious brand almond milk instead of Silk. It is awful, not delicious. Suffering through it but it's making my breakfast cereal a very unhappy part of my day instead of a great part.

you can use a food processor for tons of things...making dough, salsas, slicing/shredding veggies, shredding cheese, making hummus, grinding nuts or breadcrumbs, and on and on. I love mine.

I will PM them to anyone who is interested, but JDawg is correct, I think they are funnier when I deliver them.

you can use a food processor for tons of things...making dough, salsas, slicing/shredding veggies, shredding cheese, making hummus, grinding nuts or breadcrumbs, and on and on. I love mine.

+1. i've had a mini food processor for a while, and it was useful for some stuff. but i absolutely love my new 12 cup food processor. it does so much. i haven't yet started making my own almond butters/other nut butters, but i'm excited to try.

the mini food processor was good enough for the hummus, breadcrumbs, and salsa on barca's list. the bigger one has been better for the rest of it.

I see, I see.

However, I do approximately none of those things. I don't know if I would start doing them just because I had a tool for it. I think I just feel like I should stock my kitchen now that I have space for assorted appliances.

There's pretty much no such thing as too much protein, especially with how much you run, rtq

I also have an irrational fear of my ex showing up at my show. Its irrational because I haven't spoken to him since before he moved out and he is deleted/blocked on my FB but we still have mutual friends.....

I see, I see.

However, I do approximately none of those things. I don't know if I would start doing them just because I had a tool for it. I think I just feel like I should stock my kitchen now that I have space for assorted appliances.

but that's why you get the tool, so you can. homemade salsa is about a million times better than the stuff from a jar. if you like slaw, this is awesome for doing that.

I like to make mac and cheese a lot, and I like to always use different cheeses, so it's easy to shred those up for it (can't really buy bagged gruyere, for example).

There's pretty much no such thing as too much protein, especially with how much you run, rtq

I'm reading a book right now that was talking about too much protein, but then again the author is also trying to push his vegan diet. I'm not going to stop eating meat, but I highly doubt I will ever start using protein powder either.

but that's why you get the tool, so you can. homemade salsa is about a million times better than the stuff from a jar. if you like slaw, this is awesome for doing that.

I like to make mac and cheese a lot, and I like to always use different cheeses, so it's easy to shred those up for it (can't really buy bagged gruyere, for example).

But I've never wanted to do those things, it's not that the lack of the tool is the only thing stopping me. I'd probably use it a lot for a few weeks then it would go in a cupboard and collect dust.

:couch: I love Velveeta on my mac & cheese.

My favorite grocery store makes salsa at the store. I don't know what they put in it, but whatever it is it gets hotter and hotter each day you don't eat it.

Since they have a big butcher shop of their own they also make their own chorizo, Argentinian and Italian sausages that have no preservatives. They are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back