• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 134 - fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was too behind on the other thread to post this before, but I will note that although you can use alternative energy suppliers to Pepco for your actual power (which we do), you still have to use them as your T&D utility, so still have to deal with reliability and resiliency issues through them no matter what.

Although speaking as someone who works with a lot of utilities, I do feel for them during crazy storms and outages that they couldn't have reasonably prevented.

I was too behind on the other thread to post this before, but I will note that although you can use alternative energy suppliers to Pepco for your actual power (which we do), you still have to use them as your T&D utility, so still have to deal with reliability and resiliency issues through them no matter what.

Although speaking as someone who works with a lot of utilities, I do feel for them during crazy storms and outages that they couldn't have reasonably prevented.

What's T&D stand for?

What's T&D stand for?

transmission and distribution

This.

Basically they own and maintain all the electric wires, poles, etc in DC. So even if you buy your generated electricity elsewhere, Pepco is still the company that has to bring that energy to your house, apt, etc. So if I storm knocks out wires or a transformer blows, that's on Pepco to repair.

This.

Basically they own and maintain all the electric wires, poles, etc in DC. So even if you buy your generated electricity elsewhere, Pepco is still the company that has to bring that energy to your house, apt, etc. So if I storm knocks out wires or a transformer blows, that's on Pepco to repair.

Gotcha, figured it meant something like that. Gotta trust wfudkn no matter what then, that's not a good bet. :p

there's a wire hanging down in our alley right by our garage like right at head level. our landlords called Pepco and they came out to inspect and basically left this notice taped to it that says "hey Pepco inspected this, it isn't us, you're on your own." and no real resolution as to how to get it fixed. I assume it's like Verizon or something but Pepco and the city are not being helpful in getting it fixed.

there's a wire hanging down in our alley right by our garage like right at head level. our landlords called Pepco and they came out to inspect and basically left this notice taped to it that says "hey Pepco inspected this, it isn't us, you're on your own." and no real resolution as to how to get it fixed. I assume it's like Verizon or something but Pepco and the city are not being helpful in getting it fixed.

Did someone call verizon or comcast?

Most likely a cable wire. They typically hang a few feet below power lines on the same pole and don't have the tensile strength of power lines so they're more likely to hang low.

happy year of the horse!

sarah_jessica_parker_652950.jpg

Most likely a cable wire. They typically hang a few feet below power lines on the same pole and don't have the tensile strength of power lines so they're more likely to hang low.

Somebody in the hood been stealing free cable (barca)

yeah but they haven't come yet

If you want someone to light a fire under Comcast's ass - call the DC Office of Cable Television. They were super nice to me and got me a call back from a Comcast regional manager in less than 24 hours. Comcast has no desire to get on their bad side, so they will go out of the way to fix any complaints that come through the OCT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back