• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 156: hey poachers this CT is almost finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what makes you think i was possibly hating on the oboe with that post?

unbelievably happy memory

he played the oboe, clarinet, violin, etc.

just jammed the fuck out to motown records all DAY

ETA: grandpa woz was old country as fuck

he worked at the GM plant for ~20 years and then quit over some shit and became a handyman, did electrical, plumbing, carpentry, everything

he taught me how to fish, hunt, handshake, be a man basically

RIP

If I took up another instrument at this point I'm fairly sure it'd be the violin.

Not really... I've read that is a sign of a slipped disc

Not sure what it could be, super stiff and achey every morning

Have you tried acupuncture? Did it for the first time last week and it was fucking awesome.

I don't understand why Townie is not a musician. I mean, the guy loves music and seems relatively intelligent. I don't know, as soon as I fell in love with music as a kid, I wanted to play it. Seems the natural progression for the music-obsessed.

I also love soccer, cooking, and getting head.

Some things are just hobbies.

Confession:

I don't like Dire Straits after their debut album.

I know I'm supposed to like Brothers In Arms, but I don't.

Have you read Irvine Welsh's novella The Undefeated? There's a character in it whose fanaticism with Brothers In Arms highlights how vapid and boring a human being he is. At some point in the story, his wife begins her new life by microwaving the CD, telling her husband to fuck off and walking out the door.

I don't think this really adds anything to the conversation, but I just recalled the story.

haha sounds awesome

never read it

i love what i've read of his though, just the acid house and trainspotting

Confession:

I don't like Dire Straits after their debut album.

I know I'm supposed to like Brothers In Arms, but I don't.

I think I remember kind of liking the second one, too, but don't remember, so it couldn't have made that much of an impression.

I don't understand why Townie is not a musician. I mean, the guy loves music and seems relatively intelligent. I don't know, as soon as I fell in love with music as a kid, I wanted to play it. Seems the natural progression for the music-obsessed.

By that logic, do you think that all music critics are failed/part-time musicians?

By that logic, do you think that all music critics are failed/part-time musicians?

Pretty much. Or scared.

I mean, music is so accessible. Instruments are cheap. Its not like being a movie critic. Making movies is pretty expensive and cumbersome. Learning chords on a guitar or beating drums is cheap and easy. Rock music isn't high art.

I just want to see more people playing and enjoying jamming around with other music lovers. It has given me a lifetime of pleasure. I want the same for my internet friend Townie, I think he would like it.

I just want to see more people playing and enjoying jamming around with other music lovers. It has given me a lifetime of pleasure. I want the same for my internet friend Townie, I think he would like it.

I definitely did in college and post-college when I lived with 4 other bros. Rocked the keys (can't play at all) and sung (can't sing at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back