• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
i rented out the theater this sat night to take my wife (and 18 of our friends) to see Promising Young Woman. Tom & Jerry was on the list, as was Ferris Bueller and Jurassic World. PRetty excited to go to the theater though.

i forgot, what time does the movie start tonight

I can't drink a milkshake now without thinking about that heater that pH dropped about mako's Mom.

My wife used to have meetings on Saturday mornings back when the boys got up early to watch Disney Jr and couldn’t just be up by themselves. I’d get up and get their breakfast and sit with them on the couch and doze off and wake up about a dozen times an hour.

Last night, I was up with my 8 year old till 4 am and slept in until 1 pm. I prefer this.

Appliances are shit nowadays. The dishwasher that came with our house broke after about 7 years. The new one does more stuff but small bowls on the top rack rarely get clean.

Highly recommend using silicone bowls for microwave popcorn. Not as good as stove top but much more margin for error.

sounds like you aren't getting your $10 million worth with such shitty appliances there, ph

I’m usually not a fan of sweets but I’ve had a hankering for some doughnuts recently.

There’s a place in Boone that I regularly think about because their donuts are probably my favorite I’ve had. Local Lion, maple glazed & orange glazed were so good.

Dudes, I went birding with my daughter most of the day today. We drove down to central Florida on the east side of Lake Kissimmee. It was Awesome. 58 species, including a Crested Caracara tearing into a dead cow out in a pasture.

Also, we recently made some popcorn on the stovetop instead of the microwave and everybody was like, “Holy shit, this is some good fucking popcorn !”

My dad still does it that way and yeah it’s fucking awesome.

I’m too lazy.

Yet I eat popcorn literally every single night. So shame on me.

We redid our kitchen and replaced all our older model appliances and it turns out that everything they make today is shit. Our 20 year old dishwasher actually washed our dishes, whereas this amazing new one squirts a tiny bit of water on them and then lava bakes any remaining food into the plates like it was a goddamn kiln.

We just bought a fridge and washer/dryer for our new house (coming soon!) and the lady at Home Depot (a seasoned citizen and expert) basically told us that all appliances are shit these days.

Which I thought was an interesting sales strategy.

I was intrigued until I saw they were $29.99.

That seems outrageous for something I didn’t know even existed (or was necessary) five minutes ago.

I'd been through probably 5-6 pizza cutters in the prior 10 years averaging anywhere from $8-20 apiece. These are still going v strong and I expect them to last easily 5-10 years+ so I don't really view them as all that expensive comparatively. Just keep them in mind next time your pizza cutter breaks!

I'd been through probably 5-6 pizza cutters in the prior 10 years averaging anywhere from $8-20 apiece. These are still going v strong and I expect them to last easily 5-10 years+ so I don't really view them as all that expensive comparatively. Just keep them in mind next time your pizza cutter breaks!

How do they work on tortilla pizzas?

Asking for a friend.

Slept in until 10:30 this morning. Had a leisurely 3 hour outdoor dinner with a nice steak and a fistful of old fashioneds. Got it in 4 times. Now smoking some weed, eating ice cream and watching Jersey Shore reruns. I may have a kid one day and I’m sure it would be incredibly rewarding but this is hard to beat.

Slept in until 10:30 this morning. Had a leisurely 3 hour outdoor dinner with a nice steak and a fistful of old fashioneds. Got it in 4 times. Now smoking some weed, eating ice cream and watching Jersey Shore reruns. I may have a kid one day and I’m sure it would be incredibly rewarding but this is hard to beat.

When you have your first everybody tells you how much your life is going to change and they drastically undersell it.

My dad still does it that way and yeah it’s fucking awesome.

I’m too lazy.

Yet I eat popcorn literally every single night. So shame on me.

My oldest has popcorn almost every night. I made him some stove top with coconut oil. It was so good I made myself some.

When you have your first everybody tells you how much your life is going to change and they drastically undersell it.

I don't think it's possible to explain to someone without kids how much their life will change without dramatically lowering the birth rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back