• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2024.2: Windy opines on exes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you say in the event of someone who used to have complete clarity but due to severe disease clearly does not anymore, and added in has a bit of right wing distrust of modern medicine thrown in. The only way for this person to get help is to be committed and medically treated against his will, and it seems under statute he's not eligible. He will 100% be homeless unless I house him in a few months. I spent about an hour on the phone with his mother last night, who is currently housing him and is selling the house and moving to Arkansas to get away for her own sanity. (He called the cops on her after she told him she was selling the house, and he's only been living there for about a month after getting evicted from a lease she co-signed). And there's been at least 5 police interactions within the last year that I know of.
Find a clinic that specializes in treating unhoused people. They have experience with helping people in his situation and gaining their trust

But also recognize that there are limits to what you can do for him. And if something bad happens as a result of his actions, it’s not your fault.

I’m sure you’re aware of the 30 other branches of the local library. One of which is across the street from your grocery store

Also there are worse things to use public buildings for than allowing the public to be inside a building

The new library uptown is costing $138 million. I don't see the need for that, or any other library, to be a homeless shelter 16 hours a day.

Jesus I missed a lot of chatting this morning.

@DeaconCav06 I lived in Auburn for 10 years, AMA.

@DeacsATS I read all the Harry Potters out loud to both my kids. That's treasured parental experience for me.

I don't have a books read list for 2023, but I could post a list of the 401 bird species I saw.

Thanks for all the reddit recommendations @Donkey Deac Doug and @ImTheCaptain!

Jesus I missed a lot of chatting this morning.

@DeaconCav06 I lived in Auburn for 10 years, AMA.

@DeacsATS I read all the Harry Potters out loud to both my kids. That's treasured parental experience for me.

I don't have a books read list for 2023, but I could post a list of the 401 bird species I saw.

Thanks for all the reddit recommendations @Donkey Deac Doug and @ImTheCaptain!

Find a clinic that specializes in treating unhoused people. They have experience with helping people in his situation and gaining their trust

But also recognize that there are limits to what you can do for him. And if something bad happens as a result of his actions, it’s not your fault.
Dude writes 10 page dissertations describing how his doctors should be fired for incompetence. And he sounds somewhat intelligent still as if he might not be crazy, so basically everyone just comes off thinking he's an asshole, so I'm sure he'll wear out his welcome in whatever clinic he goes to. Just basically the most unsolvable specific mental illness imaginable, and the lack of wanting treatment is 3 layer inception level deep because the same thing happened to his dad (Agent Orange death) and he's refusing to go out like his dad who did get treatment.

But yeah I'll have to look for one in orange county, and try to come up with an excuse why he can't stay here in the mean time.

Last edited:
Dude writes 10 page dissertations describing how his doctors should be fired for incompetence. And he sounds somewhat intelligent still as if he might not be crazy, so basically everyone just comes off thinking he's an asshole, so I'm sure he'll wear out his welcome in whatever clinic he goes to.

But yeah I'll have to look for one in orange county, and try to come up with an excuse why he can't stay here in the mean time.
couple of places to check out here:

The new library uptown is costing $138 million. I don't see the need for that, or any other library, to be a homeless shelter 16 hours a day.
other people use it as well. I have used the uptown library in the past. Students research things there. People without computers use it to search for jobs. Yes, there are some uses that you and I wouldn't approve of, but it's a public resource.

Biff, you’re such a stereotype, man

Get some original material

Chris Paul catching a stray from the CEO of a company that laid off a tech co.

No employee should ever actually be surprised they weren’t performing. We don’t always get it right. And sometimes under performing employees don’t actually listen to the feedback they’ve gotten before we let them go. Importantly, just because we fire someone doesn’t mean they’re a bad employee. It doesn’t mean won’t be really, really great somewhere else. Chris Paul was a bad fit for the Suns, but he’s undoubtedly a great basketball player. And, in fact, we think the right thing to do is get people we know are unlikely to succeed off the team as quickly as possible so they can find the right place for them.

All I'm saying is that when you walk into a public library and there just a homeless bunch of people sitting there doing absolutely nothing, you've misallocated your resources.

why, though? the lights are going to be on either way, so to speak. are they using up resources from some other library patron?

Do we really need to spend that much on a library, that's going to be used as a weigh station for homeless people, when we have the internet ?

Do you people really spend that much time in a brick and mortar library ? And we have a great children's library the indoctrinates them into the whole reading physical books thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back