• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2024.2: Windy opines on exes

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK CT. Talk me through this.

I'm about to go ballistic on an issue with Wake & I think understand the criticism that'll come my way.

... my wife and I attend every home game for football/basketball/baseball.

We buy beer. A lot of beer. For us, for guests. Whatever. It doesn't matter.

We always tip. And, we tip well. We use cards, because... well, it's 2024.

I have been told (... and, have now confirmed) that the 'tips' have been donations to the university. Only cash tips go to the employees.

I think this is plainly illegal and there's been 0 disclosure.

you're moving you have an out, don't want to get too attached before you've got to support your family

I'm about to go ballistic on an issue with Wake & I think understand the criticism that'll come my way.

I have been told (... and, have now confirmed) that the 'tips' have been donations to the university. Only cash tips go to the employees.

ok that's definitely fucked, I'm pissed about that too, I definitely figured tips did go to the employees working the stands/etc

Not a NC attorney, sounds clearly illegal. I'd do a little research but I'm sure there are NC attorneys on here

Most states have a regulation or law where tips left are not wages but are solely belonging to the employee(s) to which the tip was left for (meant to include situations where tips are pooled among all employees for the period worked).

you're moving you have an out, don't want to get too attached before you've got to support your family
Yeah. What have you told her about your dad's situation?

I mean it's clear cut in a restaurant context no doubt: employers are not entitled to tips left for employees. I don't see why Wake would be entitled to tips left for an employee engaging in business for a third party employer (Aramark or whatever catering company/stall is used for events)

The actual damn brand.

Now I’m a complete dick when I end this shit…ugh. I hate this crap

I thought she was bringing over like a coffee blend we had talked about or something.
If you’re honest with her about your intentions to move to NY because you want to help take care of your parents, and she is ok still hanging out, is that a bad thing?

Yes, 3 dates is really in the still “talking phase” as the kids put it, but as an apparently very picky person, you seem cool hanging out with her, so if she is ok with the situation, why run her off?

I dunno I spend my days fixing toilets and at libraries and kid play places, my Tuesday night and Friday night are the same thing, I know nothing.

Are the people working actual employees or volunteers doing a fundraiser or something?
Yeah if this is like Deacon Tower those folks are clearly working. If it's the stalls out around the football stadium where you're buying hot dogs/beer/whatever...I'm pretty sure they're not working but are in fact volunteering. I don't know what the situation is there with tips, but I'd like to think you'd clarify somewhere re: card tips or at least on the tip jar for cash.

If you’re honest with her about your intentions to move to NY because you want to help take care of your parents, and she is ok still hanging out, is that a bad thing?

Yes, 3 dates is really in the still “talking phase” as the kids put it, but as an apparently very picky person, you seem cool hanging out with her, so if she is ok with the situation, why run her off?

I dunno I spend my days at libraries and kid play places, my Tuesday night and Friday night are the same thing, I know nothing.
Windy has not told her about the potential move it sounds like

Then you should ask for a separate receipt for the tip so you can deduct the donation.

Just to clarify, these were parents from the opposing team...from Apex, NC.
Apex is definitely a good place to get your drink on. (Note my location.)

Catching up after shooting at the range with friends this afternoon and dinner. That tip situation sounds sketchy as hell. And Windy, dude, you gotta tell her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back