• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 67: FINISH HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Braves fan, I'm not real nervous about the wildcard game, simply because I haven't had any expectations of the Braves making noise in the playoffs since probably 2003. I think in general, getting older has also mellowed me out when it comes to pretty much all sports. I still love them, but I don't get as emotionally invested as I once did.

wfudkn's post about the Rangers reminds me exactly of where I was as a Braves fan in 1991/1992/1993. Was so excited to be there in 1991, I wasn't that upset when they lost to the Twins. Was moderately bummed out in 1992 when they lost to the Blue Jays. Was crushed in 1993 when they lost to the Phillies.

Yea, DF2009 and I did, and so did wakephan09 and BoulderDeac (sophomore year).

We were 4th floor, they were 1st floor.

boom and i were on the third (though i had a single) and cheese and rj were on the first.

Townie - it is a super exciting time to be a Tigers/Detroit fan. I'm happy for you.

I'm a braves fan, and I am scared to death of the Friday play-in game. To make things worse, I know the Nats fans (who are either terrible or have popped up out of nowhere) and the Phillies fans will pile on. Then again, nothing can be bad as last year. I wish it wasn't the Cards playing Atlanta.

Who has popped out of nowhere? I think there's 4 of us and we've been posting about the Nats for years. No comment on the quality of those posters :thumbsup:

I fully expected this thread to be finished by the time I got up this morning.

Townie - it is a super exciting time to be a Tigers/Detroit fan. I'm happy for you.

Who has popped out of nowhere? I think there's 4 of us and we've been posting about the Nats for years. No comment on the quality of those posters :thumbsup:

I'm talking in all aspects of life, not just the boards. I always knew SnD and wake20 were Natticakes but I never saw any posts about them from you or DeaconCav until they were leading the division bigtime this year, although admittedly I don't hang on every word of y'all.

Well that avatar has been there a while for httd

I'm talking in all aspects of life, not just the boards. I always knew SnD and wake20 were Natticakes but I never saw any posts about them from you or DeaconCav until they were leading the division bigtime this year, although admittedly I don't hang on every word of y'all.

Fair enough - I don't post about baseball nearly as much as NFL/CFB/Hockey, but I watch as many games as I can and definitely have supported the team since 2005 (former STROS fan).

There surely is enough Braves exposure in NC - from fans, FSN, and the boards. I don't have any ill-will against them, the O's (that's a 'rivalry' I don't get), or the Phils (thanks, awar).

YO cookout, do you have that rant saved somewhere from coredeac (i think his old board name was deacgrad86 maybe)? the one that started with Don't mess with me on a WAKE FOREST message board and concluded with him talking about showing the posts to the blonde at the bar? i was thinking you had posted it at some point. maybe it was 2009 or OGB?

I have it on my home computer. Remind me later and I'll post it.

NM, just saw that DF2009 posted it.

Last edited:
It makes sense, you're a big DC fan in general. I just have found that most I encounter are pretty arrogant but that's just sports in general.

Townie, I think he put up the Clippard avi when he took over the closer spot this season for a bit.

Somehow a woman at work found out a) my salary and b) how much bonus management leave I was just awarded... And now she's upset with me?

...how did she find out, and whyyy is she holding me responsible? This is very disconcerting to me. The first more than the second.

Additionally, I know not all are baseball fans, but I've essentially waited my whole life as a Detroit sports fan, and the last two years, been rewarded with two of the greatest individual sports performances of my lifetime. Last year, Justin Verlander won the American League MVP and Cy Young awards, putting up gaudy numbers including a 24-5 record, a sub-2.5 ERA, and pitching an unholy amount of innings. This year, Miguel Cabrera is vying for the Triple Crown, something that hasn't happened in the league in 45 years. That means being the best in the league in RBIs, home runs, and batting average. I know how lucky I am to be a fan of a franchise that has these two players under long term deals, and it's really nice, especially from the standpoint that the Tigers put up one of the worst years in professional sports history less than a decade ago, losing over 100 games. The Lions still have a massive uphill battle, even after winning 10 games last year and making the playoffs, but it just feels good to have a life's fanhood finally feel like it means something.

I know JDawg has to feel something similar right now because the Orioles have made the playoffs. The Orioles have been so shitty for so long...it's just pure magic what they've done this year.

Sorry for the drunk rant, I just wanted to talk outside the baseball thread for a bit. The West Wing + Ole Forrester + running 8 miles in under an hour today has me feeling good.

it is such a good feeling. a great baseball season makes a great summer, which i think is about the best thing in the world. it sucks my team tortured me all year. now i know how yankees' fans feel. expectations too high to enjoy the ride.

Somehow a woman at work found out a) my salary and b) how much bonus management leave I was just awarded... And now she's upset with me?

...how did she find out, and whyyy is she holding me responsible? This is very disconcerting to me. The first more than the second.

That blow Sens blows. Very immature.

Do you have an HR connection? It'd be worth asking them and letting them know that information slipped.

I have fond memories of going to one of the last games at old Tiger Stadium and being one of a handful of people there to see the Jose Canseco led Devil Rays. Our seats were right behind a beam so we moved down to the third base line pretty close up and that place looked fucking awesome from that vantage point. That was not a great hood at the time either (probably still isn't), reminded me of the time I went to one of the last games at old Comiskey too. Saw Bobby Thigpen get his 51st save against the SAWX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back