• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 67: FINISH HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow a woman at work found out a) my salary and b) how much bonus management leave I was just awarded... And now she's upset with me?

...how did she find out, and whyyy is she holding me responsible? This is very disconcerting to me. The first more than the second.

That's unnerving. I assume she isn't at any management/HR level that she should have access to your files? Not that she should discuss or be upset about them either way.

Sometimes my boss has left papers on his desk that I probably shouldn't have seen. Once it was a compensation plan.

This is where I was two years ago as a Rangers fan. Now I'm just pissed that they are limping into the playoffs and will likely lose tonight and have a on game wild card playoff. Two years ago, I wasn't even upset at losing the WS to the Giants since I was just elated to have won the pennant for the first time ever. Then last year happened and upset doesn't quite get there. Now I have expectations, which was something I never had to deal with, and it's even harder to watch. Losing tonight and then Friday would be crushing.

this is me. the burden of expectations.

Townie - it is a super exciting time to be a Tigers/Detroit fan. I'm happy for you.

Who has popped out of nowhere? I think there's 4 of us and we've been posting about the Nats for years. No comment on the quality of those posters :thumbsup:

my only frustration is with one nats' fan who makes every post about him.

Somehow a woman at work found out a) my salary and b) how much bonus management leave I was just awarded... And now she's upset with me?

...how did she find out, and whyyy is she holding me responsible? This is very disconcerting to me. The first more than the second.

Aren't you a public employee, therefore your salary is public information? I know mine can be found semi-easily.

I don't know about bonuses though.

That blow Sens blows. Very immature.

Do you have an HR connection? It'd be worth asking them and letting them know that information slipped.

I mean, the salary stuff is technically public info, or at least the range, but I guess she assumed I was at the low end of the range. The management leave would have required someone else to talk. I wish I could just confront her and let her know I don't appreciate being the topic of discussion in that regard.

I'm a braves fan, and I am scared to death of the Friday play-in game. To make things worse, I know the Nats fans (who are either terrible or have popped up out of nowhere) and the Phillies fans will pile on. Then again, nothing can be bad as last year. I wish it wasn't the Cards playing Atlanta.

bernankenats0912b.jpg

Whatever, she is amazingly immature so it wouldn't do any good anyway... At least for her... But I'm annoyed at whichever timekeeper felt it was ok to share that information.

I'm talking in all aspects of life, not just the boards. I always knew SnD and wake20 were Natticakes but I never saw any posts about them from you or DeaconCav until they were leading the division bigtime this year, although admittedly I don't hang on every word of y'all.

I'm a fan of all DC sports. I've said a few times that one of the toughest things about living in FL was losing MASN and not being able to see every Caps/Nats game. I was a Braves fan growing up, but stopped watching baseball after the '94 strike. When I came back to watching DC had a team and I lived in VA.

it is such a good feeling. a great baseball season makes a great summer, which i think is about the best thing in the world. it sucks my team tortured me all year. now i know how yankees' fans feel. expectations too high to enjoy the ride.

They don't usually feel that way and they're such an arrogant bunch that they deserve to feel any pain possible.

and hitting in general. we lost like 12 games when giving up 1 or 2 runs.

CT, I'm about to go on a rage. Due to combining the medical school and the hospital, I'm losing half of my vacation/sick time.

CT, I'm about to go on a rage. Due to combining the medical school and the hospital, I'm losing half of my vacation/sick time.

Whoa, that's not cool...

HTTD, saw your rep, maybe the weekend of the bye or the UVA game? maybe throw some feelers out once the next CT starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back