• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 67: FINISH HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i figured it had to be some hitting, the staff has been good there. and orioles bullpen probably stole the rays 1 run games.

I generally would get a little over 2 weeks of vacation, and 3 weeks of sick time. They're allowing our vacation time to carry over up to 200 hours, and our sick time will carry over into a separate bank. We can only use that sick time after we've used 40 hours of our PTO time, which is next to never, so I'm going to lose 35 days of sick time I've built up over the past 8 years.

I have fond memories of going to one of the last games at old Tiger Stadium and being one of a handful of people there to see the Jose Canseco led Devil Rays. Our seats were right behind a beam so we moved down to the third base line pretty close up and that place looked fucking awesome from dthat vantage point. That was not a great hood at the time either (probably still isn't), reminded me of the time I went to one of the last games at old Comiskey too. Saw Bobby Thigpen get his 51st save against the SAWX.

yea its still not a fantastic area south of the stadium, but the new stadium is rly nice. Something remarkable to add about Miggy's season is that he has done it at a not very hitter friendly park. Granted, the Central may well be the worst division in baseball, but still.

I generally would get a little over 2 weeks of vacation, and 3 weeks of sick time. They're allowing our vacation time to carry over up to 200 hours, and our sick time will carry over into a separate bank. We can only use that sick time after we've used 40 hours of our PTO time, which is next to never, so I'm going to lose 35 days of sick time I've built up over the past 8 years.

Starting January 1st, I'll only get 3 weeks of combined sick and vacation time.

so can the 3 weeks improve eventually as you accumulate more time with the organization? I assume everyone is getting screwed in some way, shape, or form. Sounds like a sham regardless.

BgRd3hwpvEKuCAGGURxh0A2.jpg

Whatsup Chat Thread, happy Wednesday. BTW, I just realized I'm off on Monday. That was....nice.

yea its still not a fantastic area south of the stadium, but the new stadium is rly nice. Something remarkable to add about Miggy's season is that he has done it at a not very hitter friendly park. Granted, the Central may well be the worst division in baseball, but still.

Apparently the park isn't that unfriendly since they moved the fences in.

CT, I'm about to go on a rage. Due to combining the medical school and the hospital, I'm losing half of my vacation/sick time.

That fucking sucks. I'm already raging. The Post Office has twice returned my tenant's rent checks; I've set up a PO Box for this and for whatever reason those idiots won't put any mail in it. Extremely maddening.

That fucking sucks. I'm already raging. The Post Office has twice returned my tenant's rent checks; I've set up a PO Box for this and for whatever reason those idiots won't put any mail in it. Extremely maddening.

I'm having the same issue with my Post Office, except they put mail in it - but it doesn't belong to me. The mail that belongs to me keeps getting returned to the sender. Last week, I received 2 jury notices for 2 different people - neither were me and both were for men. The post office keeps trying to clear the records of the box so that I will get the mail.

Last edited:
ooh, thanks for the reminder... rent's due

Apparently the park isn't that unfriendly since they moved the fences in.

Yea I guess you have to go back to 05 to see a sub 100 park factor. The tigs announcers always talk about it like it's Petco.

so can the 3 weeks improve eventually as you accumulate more time with the organization? I assume everyone is getting screwed in some way, shape, or form. Sounds like a sham regardless.

If you've been here 1-5 yrs, you get 16 days of combined PTO, 5-10 yrs you get 21 combined days, and anything over 10 you get 26 days per year.

There are some people who have been here for 30 plus years who are currently getting 6 weeks of vacation, plus 4 weeks of sick time per year, and its all being cut back to 26 days combined.

Can no longer access the boards from work...getting an error message "operation timed out" :(

Brought my lunch today for the first time in many months. I need to get back in the habit of bringing lunch more often.

If you've been here 1-5 yrs, you get 16 days of combined PTO, 5-10 yrs you get 21 combined days, and anything over 10 you get 26 days per year.

There are some people who have been here for 30 plus years who are currently getting 6 weeks of vacation, plus 4 weeks of sick time per year, and its all being cut back to 26 days combined.

That equates to 50 paid days off a year for those people, or roughly 20% of the work year. That's INSANE. But I guess it's good if you can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back