• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 90: Typing with purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
The days leading up to St Patricks Day are nuts. Two Saturdays before is a giant bar crawl in my old neighborhood, then the Saturday before is in my current neighborhood. All the bars are packed for cheap beers, people end up drinking in the streets, it gets nuts two weeks in a row. And then something similar on St Paddy's day, but with more beer gardens outside.

I love being a homeowner, and it's exciting to buy one. I'm still speaking the truth.

My current mortgage (including property tax and insurance), for a single family home that is more than double the size of my old condo, is cheaper than my old mortgage on the condo, before property tax, insurance and a $500/month condo fee. And it's in a better location with more stuff (though significantly dicer in terms of crime). Mortgages don't have to be soul crushing, and mine is FAR less than comparable rent in my neighborhood. My friend just signed a lease on a place a few blocks away that is a 2 bed 2 bath condo (around 850 sq ft) and his rent will be a grand more than my mortgage.

Ok, this might be the strangest one yet.

tumblr_mhmnkeWapQ1qfbojdo1_500.gif

My current mortgage (including property tax and insurance), for a single family home that is more than double the size of my old condo, is cheaper than my old mortgage on the condo, before property tax, insurance and a $500/month condo fee. And it's in a better location with more stuff (though significantly dicer in terms of crime). Mortgages don't have to be soul crushing, and mine is FAR less than comparable rent in my neighborhood. My friend just signed a lease on a place a few blocks away that is a 2 bed 2 bath condo (around 850 sq ft) and his rent will be a grand more than my mortgage.

That's fair. We bought a house we could grow in to because we were in such a buyers market at the time (3 years ago). It's definitely a lot cheaper than renting. Just hate that we are only 10% done with making payments.

just checked on it, and there isn't a single property listed in bdale or ledroit within $75k of what we're listing ours at. hopefully it'll make selling it a breeze. this would be awesome because i wouldnt have to rent it, and i could think about buying here for the reason you listed below. you can't rent anything here for less than $3k a month, and that in a mortgage gets you so much more.

That's fair. We bought a house we could grow in to because we were in such a buyers market at the time (3 years ago). It's definitely a lot cheaper than renting. Just hate that we are only 10% done with making payments.

But theoretically you will be done making payments at some point, whereas with renting you never would. In a buyers market, if you can come up with the scratch to make the downpayment, and you're employment situation is relatively stable, buying makes a lot of sense.

just checked on it, and there isn't a single property listed in bdale or ledroit within $75k of what we're listing ours at. hopefully it'll make selling it a breeze. this would be awesome because i wouldnt have to rent it, and i could think about buying here for the reason you listed below. you can't rent anything here for less than $3k a month, and that in a mortgage gets you so much more.

Prices around the area are getting crazy. I was really happy with what we paid, but the more I see what other places are going for I'm starting to feel like we got a fucking steal.

i'm so excited! this is definitely the nicest place i saw in a fantastic location. looks like it belongs on hgtv. yes the living room is kinda small, but the kitchen/patio makes up for it in awesomeness. also downsizing in closet space which means i have to do a SERIOUS clothing purge. probably needed to do it anyway, so it's all good!

Prices around the area are getting crazy. I was really happy with what we paid, but the more I see what other places are going for I'm starting to feel like we got a fucking steal.

there are like 8 properties under $500k and all are in various stages of foreclosure. i think we're going to have the only 1br condo listed. need to sell it before all those condos going up get finished...

i'm so excited! this is definitely the nicest place i saw in a fantastic location. looks like it belongs on hgtv. yes the living room is kinda small, but the kitchen/patio makes up for it in awesomeness. also downsizing in closet space which means i have to do a SERIOUS clothing purge. probably needed to do it anyway, so it's all good!

that's SO MONTE.

Congrats on the house Dash and on law school Manifest.

Dash buying a house with low closet space than her current residence sounds like a bad idea

so jason street, the greatest hs qb in his class and coolest dude, was best friends with a sophomore fb and dated a sophomore girl. none of his friends or anything were seniors?

there are few worse feelings than using the last of the cream cheese on the second to last bagel

now i have to go to dunkin donuts and get one of those tiny eighty cent packs of cream cheese

because you'll never buy bagels again ever and cream cheese goes badly quickly?

so jason street, the greatest hs qb in his class and coolest dude, was best friends with a sophomore fb and dated a sophomore girl. none of his friends or anything were seniors?

IIRC, in the pilot, a comment is made indicating Street, Lyla, Tyra, Smash and Riggins are all seniors. It's funny how they back down on all of those other than Street, one at a time. Seracen and Landry, BFFs, are also in different classes.

Riggins was a senior at the time brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back