• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: Be good to each other and check on one another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not video game related, but I bought a GE ice machine for $230 this morning that was already delivered.

GE Opal 1.0 - Amazon.com

Usually like $450 and my wife has been asking for one forever.
the 2.0 is usually $450. 1.0 has been running at the ~380 level according to camelcamelcamel

So still a good deal, but I wonder what you're missing with not getting the 2.0

(yes I've also had my eye on a pebble ice maker)

My best friend in high school interned at the post office. I remember he asked everybody that same question (this was back when "going postal" was more of a thing). He had the same feedback. The delivery guys loved the job. The people in the post office hated it.

The best way I heard it described was, "The mail keeps coming. It never stops. There is always more."

So I think there's no feeling of completion... You don't ever get the satisfaction of finishing a task.
was your best friend from high school named Newman?

the 2.0 is usually $450. 1.0 has been running at the ~380 level according to camelcamelcamel

So still a good deal, but I wonder what you're missing with not getting the 2.0

(yes I've also had my eye on a pebble ice maker)
This is all correct.

The 2.0 just has more bells and whistles, but I don't need WiFi on an ice maker.

I think an ice maker is a really dumb thing to buy, as we already have one in our fridge. But with 3 kids, it doesn't keep up with our needs and my wife loves the pebble ice.

There are plenty of cheaper options, but most of them are garbage.

Damn you. I just got us into the countertop ice-maker game & now I feel very inadequate.

Nah, I'm sure yours is good.

A2VEbF.gif

Yeah our fridge doesn’t have an ice maker so we’ve put a normal one on our registry but I want a pebble one. LadyYB doesn’t think it’s realistic. Registries are the time to be unrealistic!!

I am kicking myself for buying a Kitchenaid about 2 weeks too soon

100% you should put it on the registry (assuming you have room for it in your kitchen/home)
We don’t use ice super often, mostly just cocktails or iced coffee in the summer, so we’d make one or two batches & put that in the freezer & the machine in the basement.

I just moved into a new place and the fridge doesn't have an ice maker, and I'm looking for a straight up fridge replacement 😂 (using my mom's old countertop ice maker currently but don't like how loud it is and how much space it takes up)

I need my ice

This is all correct.

The 2.0 just has more bells and whistles, but I don't need WiFi on an ice maker.

I think an ice maker is a really dumb thing to buy, as we already have one in our fridge. But with 3 kids, it doesn't keep up with our needs and my wife loves the pebble ice.

I fucking love pebble ice. I'm the only one in my family that likes ice but I want it with all my drinks.

My only hesitation is I've heard it's a pain in the ass to clean.

I just moved into a new place and the fridge doesn't have an ice maker, and I'm looking for a straight up fridge replacement 😂 (using my mom's old countertop ice maker currently but don't like how loud it is and how much space it takes up)

I need my ice
So the house we moved into had a fridge with an ice maker, only to find out that there was no waterline hookup. Cost us $1200 (I don't want to talk about it) to create a line from the basement through the floor to the fridge, all so we could have ice and water in the fridge.

So just make sure you have a water hookup behind that fridge before you buy something new.

feel like every ice maker/water dispenser on a refrigerator is just a count down until it stops working.

ours still makes ice but the dispenser is broken so I just keep a plastic cup in there and scoop out ice when I need it.

So the house we moved into had a fridge with an ice maker, only to find out that there was no waterline hookup. Cost us $1200 (I don't want to talk about it) to create a line from the basement through the floor to the fridge, all so we could have ice and water in the fridge.

So just make sure you have a water hookup behind that fridge before you buy something new.
I definitely have to budget to have a water line added too :/. It seems like it should be very easy access at least, so we'll see how much it runs. Need them replace a shitty drain at the same time so maybe I'll get a bundle price.

I fucking love pebble ice. I'm the only one in my family that likes ice but I want it with all my drinks.

My only hesitation is I've heard it's a pain in the ass to clean.

Ha

The video on Amazon highlights the cleaning process and I thought it was a joke. It says to do it like every week and then let it dry for like 15 hours.

I guarantee my wife will clean it once a year (or less).

This is all correct.

I love our French door fridge, except for the icemaker... which is tucked into the least convenient corner, on the 2nd sliding shelf of the freezer.

If you slightly bump the ice with anything in the freezer, you can't close the drawer & then wind up pinching out ice-cubes that slide 20 feet away

... there's no alarm on the freezer door, so if isn't slid 100% in (and there's no light, to double check this)... you wake up to a giant puddle & a 55 degree fridge.

I've ripped it out & have been carving my own ice blocks up when I need something to do. I knew I'd eventually chop a finger off doing it that way, so... $50 ice machine bought.

The ice maker on our 11 year old fridge shit the bed last week. $550 to repair.

Definitely considered replacing the whole thing but hoping I can get a few more years out of it and replace on my terms (hopefully when things are on sale).

Would definitely have considered a counter top ice maker but tough to justify the counter space.

Any good grill accessories or smokers and smoker accessories on sale on Amazon Prime today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back