• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the most part, outside of the scary idea you will be on a drug forever, to be honest low level statins have probably the highest positive impact for what they are. Also when just genetic If you want to be a trash on the road eater like Creamy and just pour grease down your throat knock yourself out your numbers won’t move.

It hasn't been too scary for Keith Richards to be on a drug for 50+ years.

Which chat thread did we do all that Charleston restaurant discussion again? Because I didn't write it down then and I'm actually going next weekend. Also, has anyone ever done a harbor tour or one of those sunset dinner things on the harbor?

For the most part, outside of the scary idea you will be on a drug forever, to be honest low level statins have probably the highest positive impact for what they are. Also when just genetic If you want to be a trash on the road eater like Creamy and just pour grease down your throat knock yourself out your numbers won’t move.

I was on a low level statin before COVID hit. I ran out of pills in like April of last year. When I called my doctor to get my prescription refilled he denied the refill because he hadn't seen me in a year and I refused to come in to gave a wellness visit at the beginning of a global pandemic. I plan to see him in a few months and let him know what I think about his prescribing the statin in the first place like it was important for me to have and then just letting me go without it because he needed revenue from wellness visits. This discussion will occur sometime after my rectal exam.

Which chat thread did we do all that Charleston restaurant discussion again? Because I didn't write it down then and I'm actually going next weekend. Also, has anyone ever done a harbor tour or one of those sunset dinner things on the harbor?

There's a whole Charleston dining thread.

I was on a low level statin before COVID hit. I ran out of pills in like April of last year. When I called my doctor to get my prescription refilled he denied the refill because he hadn't seen me in a year and I refused to come in to gave a wellness visit at the beginning of a global pandemic. I plan to see him in a few months and let him know what I think about his prescribing the statin in the first place like it was important for me to have and then just letting me go without it because he needed revenue from wellness visits. This discussion will occur sometime after my rectal exam.

You weren't able to do a doc visit online? Do you live in the sticks?

The life of a traveling salesman! I try to sneak a salad or 2 in there every now and then.

There used to be a nice restaurant in West Philly that had separate dining rooms options for families with young kids. There were toys and crayons and other things for the kids to do. The kids in that room were much better behaved than the "grown-up room".

Maybe there's one like that in Charleston.

Yeah that’s the flip side where because it’s like the most tolerated drug it’s easy to just prescribe it to show you are doing something, push for pharmacy incentives, etc... My dads doctor was like you should take a statin because of your age even though his cholesterol is perfect, they prescribed 2.5mg a day which required him to cut a 5mg pill in half, which is fucking ridiculous.

There used to be a nice restaurant in West Philly that had separate dining rooms options for families with young kids. There were toys and crayons and other things for the kids to do. The kids in that room were much better behaved than the "grown-up room".

????????????????

Dude, this is a we're vaccinated celebration/no kids trip, thank god.

They have virtual checkups but he wanted bloodwork. You can't very well check someone's cholesterol level over a Zoom call.

I just had a bloodwork appt requested by my cardio doc and eff that. You’ll get your in person bloodwork visit if it comes with a vaccine.

I made a list of places I think were listed here or on the charleston subreddit in prep for a trip

Halls
Rodney Scott's
Fig
Husk
R Kitchen
Lewis
Leon's
Barsa
Butcher & bee
Baker & Brewer
Juan Luis

breweries:
Revelry
Free house
Edmund's Oast
Tradesman
Fatty's
Charles Towne Fermentory

Last edited:
I understand that physician's offices took a big hit due to COVID, but when I have a fucking DOCTOR on the TV telling me not to go anywhere and stay out of the office, it seems pretty obvious that my primary care doctor is ignoring those guidelines in an effort to generate revenue. At that point in the game I didn't care what kind of safety protocols they had in place, it was a major contradiction to try to force me to come in for an annual physical that I don't actually need.

I understand that physician's offices took a big hit due to COVID, but when I have a fucking DOCTOR on the TV telling me not to go anywhere and stay out of the office, it seems pretty obvious that my primary care doctor is ignoring those guidelines in an effort to generate revenue. At that point in the game I didn't care what kind of safety protocols they had in place, it was a major contradiction to try to force me to come in for an annual physical that I don't actually need.

sweet healthcare system, capitalism

Dude, this is a we're vaccinated celebration/no kids trip, thank god.

AAHH....good deal...Look at Travel Advisor. Last year, Charleston had something like 5 of the Top 25 restaurants in America.

I was told that they go through all the safety protocols like temperature checks etc for safety. I am not a doctor and I know those temp checks are health security theater that does nothing for asymptomatic spread. It’s one thing to have those at a daycare but you’re doctors, don’t bullshit me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back