• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
let the free market decide

if you don't like your doctor just get another one problem solved

My doctor makes you check a box on if you just want your wellness appointment or want to address any issues during the visit.

Last year they put me on medication for blood pressure (sweet vaccine eligibility). Not only did I need multiple visits for them to give me the prescription but when I went to the doctor last week I checked the box for just a wellness visit.

Nurse took my blood pressure and comes back and says you need to change your form so you can talk about your BP.

“Your BP is high but not terrible. Could be you don’t like doctors. Let’s keep an eye on it.”

I’ll write you a prescription but I’m only slinging opioids.

my buddy used to write me adderall Rx's but that got stopped a few years back as he was in a different state

I still hit him up for stuff like inhalers and what not -- or did before he moved to Japan

such a sweet connection to have in life, another example of the benefits of private education like Wake make life easier for people who already have easy lives

Yeah, I just checked my chart and that shit rose after she gave me 6 months to get it down, so she's definitely going to put my ass on medicine. That, combined with the rapid spiral towards 40 is enough to kickstart that midlife crisis.

Maybe you will get the good news followed by the but I’m concerned about this talk. I feel like that trick is day one medical communication curriculum but then doctors forget to turn it off so everything starts with good news followed with something you had no idea you should be worried about. My last blood work the opening sentence was good news you don’t have diabetes, I’m like yeah no shit that was never a concern that crossed my mind.

Congrats, no trace of HIV ! We might want to keep an eye on the stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Can you come back tomorrow morning for 6 hours of radiation ?

Which chat thread did we do all that Charleston restaurant discussion again? Because I didn't write it down then and I'm actually going next weekend. Also, has anyone ever done a harbor tour or one of those sunset dinner things on the harbor?

Go spend a day walking around Sullivans Island - Poe's, Dunleavys, HomeTeam, Obstinate Daughter

we do the state and/or city discussion biannually, but my state -- Illinois -- is underrated terrible because my city -- Chicago -- is so great

city of broad shoulders and puts the state on its back, but there is barely a single redeeming thing outside the city of Chicago and I usually forget I live in this state

I guess at least it doesn't vote GOP in the presidential elections ever so that is enough to qualify it as a top 40% state in these broken-ass United States these days

I'd argue that it is Illinois that is broken-ass at this point. Or at least broke-ass.

Good friend of mine has lived up there forever and he thinks the Illinois (and Chicago) is dying. State is bankrupt. As housing prices have shot up most everywhere else, he can't sell his house for what he paid for it over a decade ago. And he's close enough in that he walks/bikes everywhere.

Chicago is a great city, no doubt, but I think its best days are behind it. A lot of that probably has to do with migration, but I think a lot of it is fixable. I still say that the friendliest people I've ever met are from up in Chicago (in addition to Minneapolis and Nebraska). Midwest people just seem nice. Could be that I've spent a lot of my life in NY and Boston where people are mostly jerks.

Of course, I live in Atlanta and I can't say it's an amazing place. Glass houses, perhaps.

And now I am rambling.

I am so far behind in this chat thread.

Keep getting hung up on the pages where people from NC talk about how terrible other parts of the country are to live/visit. Feels like there may be some bias involved.

List of places on the incline: Charlotte

List of places on the decline: everywhere else

The fact that I will be receiving almost 6 g's of government cheese very shortly makes me worry about how shit is gonna go down for my kids. Someone explain to me that I'm stupid and why.

I almost made a very similar post the other day, but I thought it might get too political for CT. Oh well. Here goes.

I should not be receiving another $7k in stimulus just because I had a shitty year ramping up my first year at a new sales job in 2019.

But of course I am going to take it and blow it on shit for our new house... Which I think is the point. To stimulate the economy.

Seems dumb, though. If I had already filed my taxes for 2020, I'd get nothing. If it were based on 2018, I'd get nothing. But I sneak in just under that window and I get a windfall.

I almost made a very similar post the other day, but I thought it might get too political for CT. Oh well. Here goes.

I should not be receiving another $7k in stimulus just because I had a shitty year ramping up my first year at a new sales job in 2019.

But of course I am going to take it and blow it on shit for our new house... Which I think is the point. To stimulate the economy.

Seems dumb, though. If I had already filed my taxes for 2020, I'd get nothing. If it were based on 2018, I'd get nothing. But I sneak in just under that window and I get a windfall.

i think it's good, actually, that some people will receive help who don't need it as a trade-off to ensuring that folks who do need it get it quickly

200.gif

Do you win enough from gambling to claim it? They are really easy to avoid unless you have a monster hit. You can either keep a journal or retroactively create one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back