• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLV - Where TK reimagines Tom Sizemore as a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be fun for the mods to surreptitiously let him re-enter the community with a new board name and then see how long it took for him to get banned again. But we all know how the mods feel about fun. Especially biff.

He’s done that before. I didn’t take long before people figured it out. Kinda like that time your mom put on a wig. It was more sad than clever.

The weird thing about watching Wake men's soccer games is the announcers talk about Wake with so much respect and know more about the team and players. It's nice being a good team.

Currently crowdfunding capital from buddies to buy distressed bowling alleys either closed or about to be on the cheap. Now officially crowdfunding the boards.

What’s your plan for them? Upscale bowling alleys?

What’s your plan for them? Upscale bowling alleys?

the plan really seems based on they're distressed after 18 months of not being able to operate, and so they're potentially very cheap at the moment. At least way cheaper than they were 18 months ago. On my last visit home I mentioned the possibility of a long-term would like to have asset to my best friend growing up and he mentioned he knew the owner of the one in my hometown. I'd be able to find the workforce to manage it, seems a potential opportunistic buy. I noticed the one up in Paso Robles went under and was vacant as well which is closer to where I'm at now. I mean, if you imagine, they simply can't operate profitably now. The rest is just seeing if you can make the math work financially to be a decent vulture/business play.

I'm an accountant, I haven't seen numbers so can't make an actual forcease, so maybe I can't make it work. But previously I had the idea I'd want to save up for like 5-10 years before making such a play, as I can't afford it myself now. Today I realized I could just find out whether math wise it makes sense, and then just borrow/raise what I needed if it did. So I'm gonna go forward in analyzing it.

Gotcha. Just buy for cheap and hold on to them until COVID is done and people are back to bowling again.

New York post putting Nirvana baby dude on blast:

Elden’s dumb lawsuit represents the nexus of three impulses in which America is the undisputed champion: the hunger for undeserved riches, moronic claims of victimhood and creative lawyering.

Palma, are you sure bowing alleys were even operating profitably pre-covid? Seems like you’d be better off flipping the properties to a developer.

bowling hasn't really recovered from the Wii Sports paradigm shift

i dunno a couple alleys in our area retooled as bars with bowling alleys attached and seem to be pretty popular

What kind of Sarsaparilla will you be serving?

Went to At&T stadium last night for a high school game, got to wander around a couple of the suites for a bit. Nice place. Interesting how Jerry-world is "iconic" and Globe Life Field has 0 personality.

Also, Highland Parks QB is gonna be a gamer in a couple years.

After seeing these schools, I realized why private school isn't as big a deal in Texas as it is in New England.

Morning CT. Need some casual pants and shorts recs. Thinking along the lines of joggers for pants and a step up from the shitty mesh shorts I usually wear. Stuff one could work out or lounge in but also go out on the town, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back