• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLVIII: CANCEL REDSOXFANS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kids will be fine re: climate change

much more worried for my girls about the US turning into a fascist dictatorship that devalues women and minorities

Yeah, seriously... What kind of alarmist shit was that?

I'm not sure about "fascist dictatorship that devalues women and minorities", but I'm on record here as saying the US is on borrowed time.

But I still have kids and they're awesome and climate change isn't on the increasingly lengthy list of concerns I have for their futures.

it's a strong argument for not having them.

Yeah, but under the Idiocracy theory, smart compassionate people should have more kids. Some days I do consider whether it was a good or fair decision though.

i'm also worried that b/c VHS is obsolete and players are so hard to find my girls will never know a world where Han Shot First

But having kids is also a pretty self-absorbed thing to do

how so? i'd like to think it has made me a more selfless person. you have to sacrifice a pretty large part of your life and your self to be even a remotely decent parent.

I'm not saying its a bad thing. But if it wasn't nowadays about producing a mini-you and passing on your wealth to the next generation then we'd all adopt.

bear in mind when wakephan says "these days" he's referring to like post 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back