• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT, pickles and political therapy, perfect ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @WindyCityDeac , it’s your sister so you refer to her with whatever term you feel comfortable with, but if it’s helpful, the current terminology is “neurodivergent”
IMG_2277.png

Last edited:
Bolognese in the oven

Wife’s focaccia dough rising

Gonna do a Parmesan and balsamic tasting with the stuff we brought home from Italy

About to churn my peppermint ice cream

What type of ice cream maker do you have?

Or are you cranking it on Christmas Eve? (Not that there’s anything wrong with that)

i think i;m the one you meant @myDeaconmyhand
We used the term retarted growing up. Neurodivergent doesn't seem right to me. My sister has brain damage because her mother beat the shit out of her when she was an infant.... i don't know what the term is..not sure i care, she's my half black half puerto rican mentally retarted sister who is an absolute miracle that she has come as far as she has and i love her to death,

Bolognese in the oven

Wife’s focaccia dough rising

Gonna do a Parmesan and balsamic tasting with the stuff we brought home from Italy

About to churn my peppermint ice cream
Sounds great. I am currently drinking a beer from Jester King whilst carmalizing some onions for homemade French onion dip. We went out to dinner last night before going to ballet (Nutcracker).

Tonight is just nachos with the family; maybe while watching a holiday movie.

Tomorrow is the big (food) day. For snacks I've got smoked salmon dip and the French onion dip I'm making along with olives & cheese.

Lunch will be shrimp cocktail (appetizer), prime rib, twice baked potatoes, creamed spinach, and sautéed mushrooms. Planning to open up one of the bottles of wine we brought back from Argentina in 2020!

i think i;m the one you meant @myDeaconmyhand
We used the term retarted growing up. Neurodivergent doesn't seem right to me. My sister has brain damage because her mother beat the shit out of her when she was an infant.... i don't know what the term is..not sure i care, she's my half black half puerto rican mentally retarted sister who is an absolute miracle that she has come as far as she has and i love her to death,
Oof, I don't think we're supposed to say the R word anymore. I use the terms "mentally handicapped" or "developmentally disabled" when referring to my sibling, though, as an elder millennial, there was a time when I also described him as mentally retarded.

Oof, I don't think we're supposed to say the R word anymore. I use the terms "mentally handicapped" or "developmentally disabled" when referring to my sibling, though, as an elder millennial, there was a time when I also described him as mentally retarded.
as a gen X-er, i use mentally challenged in polite company.
and i know i probaly shouldn't throw the R word around casually...but at times i feel like considering how it happened the shock factor is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back