• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really bummed I missed this convo. I've held birds in my hand and felt their panicked beating hearts

[random Twitter account] Holy shit why are you making the birds panic!! [/random Twitter account]

what the fuck

https://www.dinneranddissection.co.uk/

Dinner & Dissection offers the chance for healthcare professionals, NHS staff, students, and those with an interest to travel back in time to learn how The Victorian Greats unlocked the secrets to the human body. Step onto the Victorian streets of Britain before pulling up a chair inside our historic operating theatre to undertake some dissection yourself.

what the fuck

Dinner & Dissection offers the chance for healthcare professionals, NHS staff, students, and those with an interest to travel back in time to learn how The Victorian Greats unlocked the secrets to the human body. Step onto the Victorian streets of Britain before pulling up a chair inside our historic operating theatre to undertake some dissection yourself.

giphy.gif

It would really piss me off if I spent all that time and effort in grad school learning complicated statistics, like N-mixture modeling, mark-recapture modeling, integrated population modeling, to improve abundance and survival estimates for birds, when they were government drone the whole damn time. It'd be nice if the bird drone program people wound share with us the true known abundances so that we could validate our models.

any idea about the tech they use to make the birds shit all over? its truly insidious. they could just unless hell against our adversaries. maybe add some virulent component. imagine if they had to live through a pandemic!

Gotta figure the cancellation of Columbus Day is imminent so I’m gonna enjoy the hell out of this three day weekend.

you know the government only installed RealBeat™ artificial bird hearts in their drones

I didn't know many places other than gov't offices gave that off still. Same with Veterans Day, which is a shame, since it's the day after my bday.

what the fuck

i love that a huge disclaimer/response to media about this [7 year old] event pops up as soon as the page loads

I didn't know many places other than gov't offices gave that off still. Same with Veterans Day, which is a shame, since it's the day after my bday.

Our days off are just based on the Federal Reserve so it’s not quite the same as the company deciding independently to offer that as a holiday.

I really don't care if birds are real or not, I just like looking at them and listing them in ebird. But, they are real.

The markets are open on Monday though so some people will be working.

I still play a lot of tennis too and I disagree that pickleball is more fun as a game, but a lot easier to find people of equal skill level and play with buddies so maybe more fun socially

I have only played pickleball a few times. I had never played until this summer and I want to play more. I agree with the above in that it was a lot more fun to play with my kids than tennis. Equalizes skill level compared to tennis. We had a lot of fun.

our company now gives off for indigenous people's day monday, though we never got columbus day off in the past. we now get juneteenth off too.

That’s woke as shit. Pretty lame that you don’t get off for St. Patrick’s Day though.

our company now gives off for indigenous people's day monday, though we never got columbus day off in the past. we now get juneteenth off too.

We get Juneteenth starting this year also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back