• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have an appeals conference next week with a lady in louisville as our officer. One of my partners was in a session with her on zoom this week and sent me a screenshot of her literally sleeping during the conference. impressive.

my long stretch is from 1/15-10/15 apparently. this year has sucked. Fortunately i have 3 weeks of vacation between now and year end....assuming my passport gets renewed before i leave.

You didn't take of Memorial Day or Independence Day? Are you Canadian or something?

did y'all watch "Dark?"

Absolutely. Had to rewatch season 1 since a couple years had passed but did the whole thing from about Thanksgiving to January this year. Awesome show but you absolutely have to pay close attention. Gets really wild by the end.

I eat them pretty rarely but I’ll be got damned if a French Dip sandwich with some legit jus doesn’t hit the spot

I eat them pretty rarely but I’ll be got damned if a French Dip sandwich with some legit jus doesn’t hit the spot

I pretty much always order one if its on a menu somewhere. My fave French dip of all time was at Daryls @ Wake. Not sure why I've yet to find an equal, and I live a quarter mile from this place that claimed to have invented it. Pretty cool 100 year old diner with sawdust on the floors

philippes-ambience-14-1024x680.jpg

https://www.philippes.com/

Awaken pulled root at 9:54pm, then stayed AWAKE to watch some Netflix

I woke up in a cold sweat thinking about this year’s basketball season last night and took a couple hours to fall back asleep. It may be time to consider retirement.

Watched the new Chappelle last night. Not his best special, but I still enjoyed it.

Would be interested to hear what your student thought about it, mako (if you are willing to share).

he's a lot funnier than ricky gervais but it's the exact same trajectory

Same trajectory as Chris Rock and Seinfeld complaining about college kids about a decade ago?

Watched the new Chappelle last night. Not his best special, but I still enjoyed it.

Would be interested to hear what your student thought about it, mako (if you are willing to share).

He was not a fan of the gender is a biological absolute bit and said he laughed at some of his stuff but said that telling pretty hurtful trans jokes for 30 mins and then trying to play the I have a trans friend card at the end is like saying it's ok if I tell racist jokes because I've got a black buddy. He did say that he wasn't a good person to ask though as he thought most of the really hateful stuff was directed at trans women instead of trans men.

He was not a fan of the gender is a biological absolute bit and said he laughed at some of his stuff but said that telling pretty hurtful trans jokes for 30 mins and then trying to play the I have a trans friend card at the end is like saying it's ok if I tell racist jokes because I've got a black buddy. He did say that he wasn't a good person to ask though as he thought most of the really hateful stuff was directed at trans women instead of trans men.

I fucking loved the new Netflix Chappelle special. It was right in my strike zone. The non-comedy bit about humans having human experiences, that fits so squarely within my worldview.

we need to make sure plama wins again even though he clearly has run out of tittles

Thanks.

Yeah, I agree with his take on the last 10-15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back