• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused about CDC guidance. My wife tested positive Wednesday, my son tested positive on Thursday, and I tested negative Thursday and positive today.

Do I need to isolate from them?

Some pretty good shows coming up in SLC here soon. Old Crow Medicine Show, Caamp, Futurebirds, Punch Bros, OAR + Dispatch (idk if they’re still good, need the dads to chime in), the revivalists, head & the heart + Dawes, black crowes, my morning jacket, umphrey’s McGee, Chris Stapleton, black keys, incubus + sublime, jack Johnson.

Is it too early to ask for a raise???

Saw them 3 times in one week back in '03. Fun times. Talk about a fun band that went to shit... *Googling to see if they still make music*

All this anti-DMB talk makes me mad that shit dominated Wake when I was there. This would be like if a bunch of lady alums said they stopped listening to Alanis Morisette.

All this anti-DMB talk makes me mad that shit dominated Wake when I was there. This would be like if a bunch of lady alums said they stopped listening to Alanis Morisette.

If it helps, I gave up on DMB in 98 at that Roanoke concert...but I think that was still a little after you graduated.

Saw them 3 times in one week back in '03. Fun times. Talk about a fun band that went to shit... *Googling to see if they still make music*

They released a single back in May and it is a very big direction change. Do not think I like it

They released a single back in May and it is a very big direction change. Do not think I like it

I thought everything that followed the 34th & 8th live album was trash. I haven't heard anything new from them in probably more than 10 years.

What’s an official negative test forgery worth to you, I’ll even give a 10% teacher discount.

defs edited the PDF from an old test a few weeks ago

I was was covid negative, it was just a huge pain in the ass to find someone available on a weekend 24 hours before my flight home

didn't feel bad about it

Going to a Shane Smith & the Saints/Whiskey Myers concert in 2 weeks and pretty excited. Getting more into the Texas rock/folk/country scene. Shakey Graves was p good a while back, but not great.

I saw shakey a couple years ago and was disappointed. Low energy, felt like the opener played longer than he did

OAR played at Wait Chapel when I was there

was that the same show the Format played?

Can't say I haven't seen OAR a dozen times and DMB more than double that. Probably almost all with townie.

Not a lot of jam bands, even lite ones like these bros, came through the piedmont when we were in high school

Remember that "Dave and Tim" tour? Saw that at the Joel. OAR and Guster (and 3EB and Jurassic Five) played wait chapel during my time, but I don't remember the format ever playing there. Could be though

we had effing toad the wet sprocket in wait and it SUCKED

we did get to see hootie at baitys & ziggys though

I think we had Jefferson Starship and Indigo Girls. I didn't go.

In retrospect I kind of wish I had gone to see Starship just to see Grace Slick, but they were obviously milking it at that point and I hated We Built This City On Rock n' Roll with a passion, which was a few years old at that point. BTW, Peter Wolf and Bernie Taupin share in writing credits on that piece of schlock.

LOL

Rolling Stone Top Ten Worst Songs of the 1980s
In 2011, a Rolling Stone magazine online readers poll named "We Built This City" as the worst song of the 1980s. The song's winning margin was so large that the magazine reported it "could be the biggest blow-out victory in the history of the Rolling Stone Readers Poll".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back