• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: You know where you got that shirt from, and it damn sure wasn't the men's dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

I play tennis a few times a week and run but I've really been thinking about joining a gym for strength training. Planet Fitness is really cheap so I was leaning that way. No idea how to use any of the weights or wtf I'm supposed to do though.

It depends on what you’re looking to do. Planet fitness is pretty limited on their free weights and there’s no squat rack and you can’t deadlift, but it’s definitely cheap and if you’re not looking to lift very heavy it can suit your needs. You can probably find some relatively cheap local owned options that are comparable and offer a little more though. There are some pretty good 4 and 5 day split routines online and good instructional vids that can help you with form. My advice I’d just to start easy and light and understand you’re still gonna by hella sore for the first few weeks and you just have to work through it. You’ll make crazy gains early and it’ll keep you going.

Put $20 on wake to win the Natty in football at +15000

Vibes

It depends on what you’re looking to do. Planet fitness is pretty limited on their free weights and there’s no squat rack and you can’t deadlift, but it’s definitely cheap and if you’re not looking to lift very heavy it can suit your needs. You can probably find some relatively cheap local owned options that are comparable and offer a little more though. There are some pretty good 4 and 5 day split routines online and good instructional vids that can help you with form. My advice I’d just to start easy and light and understand you’re still gonna by hella sore for the first few weeks and you just have to work through it. You’ll make crazy gains early and it’ll keep you going.

That’s weird the Planet Fitness by my house has like 4 or 5 squat racks and plenty of free weights. I’d prefer a better option but it’s so damn cheap and literally half a mile away. And no I’m not looking to lift heavy lol

That’s weird the Planet Fitness by my house has like 4 or 5 squat racks and plenty of free weights. I’d prefer a better option but it’s so damn cheap and literally half a mile away. And no I’m not looking to lift heavy lol

Awesome. I’ve only seen smith machines at the ones I’ve been to and squatting on those things can wreck your knees and back because it forces you into an unnatural decline and it takes the core stabilization out of it. If there’s one lift I think people should do consistently it’s the squat. Of course you can still get the benefit from a free weight front squat.

Holy shit my kid’s rec league basketball coach taught them to yell “i’m open” and I don’t think they really grasp the concept of open.

Holy shit my kid’s rec league basketball coach taught them to yell “i’m open” and I don’t think they really grasp the concept of open.

Maybe they got open with him coaching.

Kory what are your thoughts on all this meta verse stuff? I do a gigantic eye roll at it but wondering how you see it from the perspective of the stuff you study.

My student that I was talking about a few pages back submitted a poster presentation of her thesis research to the grad student reach show case at the university and she won an honorable mention. I’m really hoping that serves as a confidence builder and sparks some momentum to finishing in the next two months.

Who are the people who utilize strip mall income tax accounting services

i wonder this all the time. lots of people who are smart enough to know they need to do taxes but don't realize they could do it for free, which is basically just fleecing. pretty gross business model.

i wonder this all the time. lots of people who are smart enough to know they need to do taxes but don't realize they could do it for free, which is basically just fleecing. pretty gross business model.

You have no idea. I often represent tax preparers who prepare fraudulent returns. They cheat up the return and the client gets a huge kickback. There are no good guys.

Kory what are your thoughts on all this meta verse stuff? I do a gigantic eye roll at it but wondering how you see it from the perspective of the stuff you study.

from the alt-right/white supremacy online position it isn't really going to have an effect since that's never really been a primary way of networking for them imo - and they're generally wary of BIG TECH as it is

it is funny that the keynote repositions FB et al. as right back at the "we're just connecting you to what you want" rhetoric instead of the (almost certainly) likely outcome which has always been (1) "we're connecting you to whomever is willing to pay" (i.e. ads on that sexy looking space ship VR) and (2) "we're connecting you to whatever you're most likely to engage with" (i.e. zany/aggravating/frightening clickbait/political content/arguments)

one of the things I hate the most about the Echo is whenever you ask it to do a voice command it almost always follows up with a "hey did you know I can do X" and how often that's either a direct sales pitch for an Amazon (or - sometimes - a third party service) or a way to drive use to eventually make the sales pitch

in a VR/AR environment - where you're probably making more use of voice commands - I wonder if that devious little affordance will become more common

"alexa can you set a timer for five minutes"

"sure. time set for five minutes. hey, did you know that I can also set timers for important dates in your life? try saying 'alexa set a timer for my birthday'"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP ALEXA"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back