• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT136 - No more title changes. Finish it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this earlier today and found it interesting.

morning_picdump_504_640_40.jpg

Morning CT!

Its not very popular, but Pepsi Max is absolutely delicious. Much better its as close to legit Pepsi as there is, but has zero calories. Blows Coke Zero out of the water.

Agreed

Morning CT!

Its not very popular, but Pepsi Max is absolutely delicious. Much better its as close to legit Pepsi as there is, but has zero calories. Blows Coke Zero out of the water.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan. I like Coke Zero and love Diet Pepsi, but I like that it's different than Pepsi.

Diet Pepsi > Coke Zero > Diet Dr. Pepper > Diet Mt. Dew > Diet Cheerwine > Diet Coke

Cheerwine in bottles in the tits though. Unless they recently changed, it's one of the few drinks still made with real cane sugar.
img_4320.jpg

Any of you OGBroads done StitchFix? Wifey signed up for it a week or so ago and the first shipment is supposed to arrive today. I think she's getting 5 tops that cost something like $45-60 a pop. I have a feeling bmoneycreditcard is about to get straight CRUSHED.

Any of you OGBroads done StitchFix? Wifey signed up for it a week or so ago and the first shipment is supposed to arrive today. I think she's getting 5 tops that cost something like $45-60 a pop. I have a feeling bmoneycreditcard is about to get straight CRUSHED.

A number of my friends have done it and been very pleased, and I think a few other OGBroads have done it as well. After my friends' recent glowing reviews, I just signed up and I think am getting my first shipment on Saturday.

Apparently they do a good job of picking out some things that you might not normally buy for yourself, but end up looking good. There's also lots of options for guiding them in your style and budget range.

Morning CT!

Morning, TSY.

I got up at 0530 this morning which is only noteworthy because this is normally my rest day from the gym, but I decided to get up normal time and go for a run. I was back home by 0605 and it was nice to have a little quiet and solitude in the house. Reminded me that there's a certain peace that can only be found alone, before the sun comes up.

Ouch. Sorry, bro.

it absolutely started pouring on the last 5 mins of my walk this morning. and I left my umbrella at my desk. fail.

I have a ton of friends who like it but I think it would be wayyy too expensive for me. I'm cheap and not trendy.

it absolutely started pouring on the last 5 mins of my walk this morning. and I left my umbrella at my desk. fail.

Yeah, I was feeding the Bug this morning and LDToy had taken the dog out for a walk. All of a sudden I hear this downpour. Apparently it rained for like one block and then stopped (this was at 6:45 or so). Then I headed into work (left around 8 and got in around 8:30) and looks like I just missed it. Started pouring a few minutes after I was at my desk and is still coming down strong.

I have a ton of friends who like it but I think it would be wayyy too expensive for me. I'm cheap and not trendy.

This is from their FAQs

"Our average price point is an accessible $65 per item, but there is a fair amount of variation—we have pieces that are cheaper and pieces that are more expensive. In your style profile, you can let us know how much you are comfortable paying for different types of items and we will try our best to stay within your price guidelines.

If you choose to buy all 5 pieces, you get a 25% discount off of everything in your Fix!"

So you pay $20 for the "Fix," but that goes towards any piece you keep. In your "Style Profile" you can say how much you want your stuff to cost. The options are "the cheaper the better," $50-$100, $100-$150, $150-$200, and $200+. You choose that for each item of clothing (accessories, tops, bottoms, dresses, jewelry, and outer layers. So basically I said I want cheap for most things, but for dresses and outer layers I could go $50-$100. We'll see how the first one goes!

I was also up at 0530. Finished my workout at 0700 and am still sweating.

Workout, shower, suit is a tough combo.

anything worse than touching cloth after a cup of coffee, rush off to office bathroom to find all the shitters occupied>?

This is from their FAQs

"Our average price point is an accessible $65 per item, but there is a fair amount of variation—we have pieces that are cheaper and pieces that are more expensive. In your style profile, you can let us know how much you are comfortable paying for different types of items and we will try our best to stay within your price guidelines.

If you choose to buy all 5 pieces, you get a 25% discount off of everything in your Fix!"

So you pay $20 for the "Fix," but that goes towards any piece you keep. In your "Style Profile" you can say how much you want your stuff to cost. The options are "the cheaper the better," $50-$100, $100-$150, $150-$200, and $200+. You choose that for each item of clothing (accessories, tops, bottoms, dresses, jewelry, and outer layers. So basically I said I want cheap for most things, but for dresses and outer layers I could go $50-$100. We'll see how the first one goes!

That's good that they have price point options. I'm kind of a Target shopper though so I have trouble spending over like $30 on something average. However I also feel like it might be expensive for me in terms of choosing to keep/pay for way more clothes than I need. I'm terrible about doing returns and going to the post office so I feel like once something is in my house, I'd end up keeping it anyway. And I really really don't need 5 new clothing items per month. Maybe per season... maybe.

So since I'm talking about being cheap I should also share that this morning I opened an envelope from Wells Fargo with a check for $207 due to escrow over-payment. Kind of awesome. Also Nielsen sent a postcard that they want me to be a survey home and will send a packet next week, and those envelopes always come with a couple fresh crisp dollars tucked inside. I can't actually participate because of my job though.

That's good that they have price point options. I'm kind of a Target shopper though so I have trouble spending over like $30 on something average. However I also feel like it might be expensive for me in terms of choosing to keep/pay for way more clothes than I need. I'm terrible about doing returns and going to the post office so I feel like once something is in my house, I'd end up keeping it anyway. And I really really don't need 5 new clothing items per month. Maybe per season... maybe.

All good points. And I tend to be the same way. I can't sing their praises too much yet since I have yet to get my first shipment, so we'll see how it goes. The good thing is that now you don't have to sign up for a monthly shipment. You can order one, then either never do it again, or wait and do it 2-3 months later, or do it every month if you want.

anything worse than touching cloth after a cup of coffee, rush off to office bathroom to find all the shitters occupied>?

That sucks man. My office park has two buildings, so I just cruise over to the other building which has fewer tenants and I'm usually good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back