• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT66: Hands up if you're down to get down tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as its not the gay one because all the hater dorks are going to say "dude thats so gay" when obviously that's the point. I imagine you're going with the shocker?

Mmm hmm.

palmab03.jpg

Do you not remember writing all that stuff? or were you just arguing with your younger self to make a deeper point about how people change?

Damn, the episode of Mad Men where they're trying to score Honda. Holy shit. Roger goes wild on the japs and they go nuts on the 'muricans.

This is probably my favorite palma quote evar:

"Sometimes when you lose, you really win. And sometimes when you win, you really lose. Sometimes when you tie, you really lose, and sometimes when you tie, you really win."

Dammit I keep giving Betty free passes cause January Jones is so goddamned hot, but she keeps getting crazier.

Mmm hmm.

palmab03.jpg

Do you not remember writing all that stuff? or were you just arguing with your younger self to make a deeper point about how people change?

No I don't remember writing that stuff, well now I do. I'm more just disappointed because I thought you had started to post some cool ass shit, but instead somehow managed to internet stalk my campushook profile that I haven't been on in probably six years. Crazy how close Ricky was to making facebook, that was out before facebook and same needed a college ID type thing.

I mean do you know how disappointing it is to think someone else is dropping white men can't jump references and then to find out they're not?

ok i promise this will be my last mad men post of the night, especially cause i'm a season and a half behind, but this episode is unreal good. the chrysanthemum and the sword is the name of the ep. the writing is impeccable in a show that otherwise has some fatal writing flaws (IMO).

Holy shit my former self was way cooler than my current self. I just read my whole profile, that was awesome. I don't even remember some of these references, I'm going to have to do some research, but I remember them as being hilarious.

Based on this he had zuckerberg by what, 6 months? And had college humor to drive him traffic? Crazytalk.

ok i promise this will be my last mad men post of the night, especially cause i'm a season and a half behind, but this episode is unreal good. the chrysanthemum and the sword is the name of the ep. the writing is impeccable in a show that otherwise has some fatal writing flaws (IMO).

So you recognize that what you are watching is far past its "air" date and yet you still give commentary on its artistic value.

I particularly enjoy how you wrote this sentence: "the writing is impeccable in a show that otherwise has some fatal writing flaws."

I look forward to the TV Show you are going to write.

With impeccable writing. I just hope it doesn't also have fatal flaws. Fatal writing flaws would probably kill off a show. Unless it had impeccable writing.

Many things, Larry.

First, why did you put "air" in quotes? Second, why would I not be able to comment on something's value (artistic or otherwise) if it was less than brand new?

Third, I was saying the one episode I just watched had really good writing, but the show at large had some really flawed writing. The ep was written by somebody other than one of the show's main writers. She managed a lot of awesome foreshadowing in the dialogue. For example, the really understated scene where Pete is giving gifts to the 3 Japanese businessmen, and he gives the cantaloupe to the oldest bro, and he should have given the Johnny Walker to him, and the businessmen switch gifts. Nobody says a word about it, but it's handled brilliantly as cultural commentary before Roger comes in and smashes the scene all to pieces. Then later, Don is talking to the new marketing chick and says "Why do people need to talk about everything?" and she says "I don't know, but they always feel better when they do." That perfectly lays the groundwork for both of them to overshare. It was really incredible writing. The show's writing is fatally flawed for me for a number of reasons I don't really feel like getting into right now. No need to bring me into it as an amateur critic, I added that it was just my opinion anyway. I wasn't even being hypercritical; I was heaping praise onto the episode.

Finally, I'll add that post wasn't even close to Larry David. Love the avatar, though. Also, I have always assumed that parody was palma, and it would make good sense.

Finally, I'll add that post wasn't even close to Larry David. Love the avatar, though. Also, I have always assumed that parody was palma, and it would make good sense.

Then allow me to make one that is.

You think you are some sort of literary savant.

larry-david-250.jpg

I disagree. You greatly overrate yourself, my friend. Greatly overrate yourself. And...I'mmmmm not that impressed.

Swear to god the parody isn't me, but it's been cracking me up lately and the last few have been spot on , including the one before this last one.

i don't need parodies, I say every crazy thing that comes to my mind.

Last edited:
The timing of these posts is telling however, could it be buckets? Say Hey always posts at 6AM and doesn't like calling people out, so it really only leaves Buckets left.

The air date quotation is perfect because larry both emphasizes words like that and also tends to use the air quotes quite often. In fact asking why there are air quotes I'd think would disqualify you from commenting on whether someone did a good larry or not.

/Palmalarrydaviddeacattempt/ How does a show that is as popular as Mad Men have "fatal" writing flaws if its still on the air winning awards with tremendous ratings. Surely someone with the literary acumen that you believe to possess would know the definition of the word "fatal." You can say Skin had fatal writing flaws, or Fastlane, but how can something that's not dead and even thriving have "fatal" flaws? You know what I think? I think you've been faking it this whole time. You go on a message board, you claim to be in literature and then you write these incredibly long thoughtful posts that people spend their time reading because of your supposed literary acumen, but really you're just posting them from your phone to keep them off the golf course. I'm onto you literary man. /Palmalarrydaviddeacattempt/

I just read the recap to job my memory, and the scene with sally rubbing it at the end was so out of the blue and wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back