• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT87: we're goin down down in an earlier round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think there's just not enough info out yet. It'll be a big deal. It's a bigger deal in Europe already, and all the facts still aren't known.

Did you see the bit about the Pool match that the opposing keeper tried to fix? Hilarious. The other team was trying to let them score multiple goals but Pool could only get one.

FIFA pres says a lot of the things brought up by Europol have been known about, dealt with, and even already been to court.

And Slim, promoters/publicists work with colleges and student unions all the time. It's a ton of work, and the fact that the student union was always behind for booking doesn't speak well towards their preparedness, nor does their lack of stretching funds speak towards their salesmanship. I get it's an amateur setup vs a professional field, but that's all a bunch of excuses man. I'm sure it's harder for student union to form professional relationships with record labels, artists, promoters, A&R people, etc., because it's only one small part of their job. But all the more reason to include Wake Radio in the process. They have working relationships with labels. They can show the labels/artists how they are tracking the music, how they played the music early, show trends on campus, etc., stuff that I'm sure student union is out of touch with. I disagree with your basic premise that more can't be done is all.

Also wanted to say that we would work with either an agency or promoter or something (not sure the exact way it works) that would find available bands and things that we might not know about but that dates often conflicted with nearby schools who, because of larger student bodies, had larger budgets and could pay higher fees or whatever to this service so they would book the acts at those schools instead.

So many moving parts and stuff with that (or so it seemed).

YEAH RIGHT DUDE. you haven't even heard our tracks now!

just for that, i'm putting you on kelen's shit list

vader.jpg

this is a pic i took from the stage of our last show

cWtqajFMT2FlRzAx_o_volbeat---live-at-wacken-2012-full-concert.jpg

BTW...how awesome is it that fighting in hockey is just...OK...

Love watching Sportscenter and showing a guy getting knocked out last season and everyone knowing there would be retaliation and a guy on the other team just goes up, starts the fight, it ends and they do their penalty time and the game just moves on.

So badass....wish other sports could/would be like that

Also...more stream of consciousness posting...

I recently started watching It's Always Sunny....already to Season 4...and there's an episode titled "Mac and Charlie Die" and it might be the funniest single episode of any show I've ever watched.

There was a sequence of 3-4 scenes where I just could not stop laughing...busted out laughing and had to pause the show to catch my breath...it was great.

big pun just gets silly at the end of his first verse on this track

slim, you're not giving me a fair shake here. first of all, i commute in LA so i sing along to rap songs for approximately 10 hours every week. ALSO - i play dance central on the kinect like twice a week and i can totes keep up with almost every song on medium. except the usher songs, goddamn usher can dance.

i remember reading "Are you there god its me margaret" before I knew what a period was or any of that stuff. I was like 8 or 9 years old and really liked those Super Fudge books. I was TOTES confused!!!!

slim, you're not giving me a fair shake here. first of all, i commute in LA so i sing along to rap songs for approximately 10 hours every week. ALSO - i play dance central on the kinect like twice a week and i can totes keep up with almost every song on medium. except the usher songs, goddamn usher can dance.

Well fuck...I had no idea!

BOOK THIS MAN!

i remember reading "Are you there god its me margaret" before I knew what a period was or any of that stuff. I was like 8 or 9 years old and really liked those Super Fudge books. I was TOTES confused!!!!

YEP. I completely understand. 4th grade fucking changed me, man.

yah some kid told me what it meant and it changed my life forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back