• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTCT: Featuring the Human Selfie Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife sent me research out of Wake Baptist showing that teens that use marijuana recreationally (NDCU - non disordered cannibis use) had 2-4 times greater odds of major depression, suicidal ideation, slower thoughts, difficulty concentrating, lower GPA, greater rates of arrests, fighting, and aggression

I wonder how much of this is correlation vs causation. The type of kid to seek out recreational marijuana use is different in a lot of ways from the one who doesn't.

Congrats. Good friend of mine has 2 daughters who have gone to Auburn. One their currently... he's really happy with the place

Yeah, I just want her to make the best decision for herself and not really consider how much I fucking hate Auburn.

man I can't wait til my son gets a phone and social media years from now. I'm sure we'll have solved all the problems by then.

man I can't wait til my son gets a phone and social media years from now. I'm sure we'll have solved all the problems by then.
By the time my kids (5 and 6 months) have phones and social media, Russia will be deep faking photos of their spread buttholes in their e-yearbook.

What's really cool is that all of this research supports the idea that this message board (and others like it) are AWESOME. The accountability and lack of unknown-malicious-actors makes this an actual American forum. Essentially, if the rest of the internet were like OGBoards, the world would really be a better place.

Did this research ever incorporate an rjkarl factor or moonz variable?

Seems sus

I said I'd never get my kids a phone.

We got my 9yo a phone for XMas, but didn't activate it and all she has access to is Spotify and iMessage. My wife reads all her messages.

It was still a mistake. I'm trying to put the genie back into the bottle, but it's tough.

I feel like if I was going to refuse my kid a phone up until or IN High School, I would feel like a major hypocrite unless I also set an example and got rid of my smart phone too.... and therein lies the problem. Maybe it will be easier once TikTok is banned 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back