• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTCT: Featuring the Human Selfie Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, a Buffalo Wild Wings To Go is coming to town. This makes no sense to me, the normal Buffalo Wild Wings consumer. I like B-Dubs because its a place to watch games, drink beer and eat wings. A Buffalo Wild Wings To Go, removes 2 of the 3 major criteria for going there. In fact, the food, is the least appealing part of B-Dubs. So why, would you create a place to do B-Dubs take away and compete with all the other take away places in town. I do not understand this, unless you are hoping the Uber eats crowd just wants wings and you are the simplest option, which really counts heavily on the laziness of your average wing consumer.
Wings are so easy to make and hard to mess up.

I woke up this morning and thought I forgot to check last night's game score. Then I realized the game is tonight. No espn+ so I'm not watching anyway, but it made me a little sad after getting pulled back in only to witness the collapse to end the season and crush all my wake bball dreams. It was like watching a leg in slow motion pull back and swing forward right into my sack.

Apparently, a Buffalo Wild Wings To Go is coming to town. This makes no sense to me, the normal Buffalo Wild Wings consumer. I like B-Dubs because its a place to watch games, drink beer and eat wings. A Buffalo Wild Wings To Go, removes 2 of the 3 major criteria for going there. In fact, the food, is the least appealing part of B-Dubs. So why, would you create a place to do B-Dubs take away and compete with all the other take away places in town. I do not understand this, unless you are hoping the Uber eats crowd just wants wings and you are the simplest option, which really counts heavily on the laziness of your average wing consumer.
The last 5 times I’ve eaten BW3 it has been in the comfort of my living room after they were doordashed to me.

Do wings really hold up to go? Seems like those need to be at the right temperature and once they’re cold they’re gross.

That could apply to a lot of takeout though and people seem to get it anyway.

Do wings really hold up to go? Seems like those need to be at the right temperature and once they’re cold they’re gross.

Air Fryer my man.

It’s revolutionized the take away game.

Unless I'm picking something up from 5 minutes away, just about everything gets tossed in the oven to keep me from eating something lukewarm like a sad person.

Wings reheat better than most take-out food. Throw em on a baking sheet w/aluminum foil and toss em in the oven for 5-10 minutes and they are good-to-go. No real clean-up either.

There aren't many great options for wings if you want to Doordash (read: not interact with a living person), so that's why I eat BW3 to go. Usually I'm an hour or two into an edible (see: not wanting to interact with a person) and settling in for a movie or sporting event and want to eat a disgusting amount of wings paired w/a nice cold glass of Rose w/out being judged.

If I'm okay to interact with a person I'll order wings from Burke St since they are extremely close and tend to have pretty decent wings (and an all-flats option).

Margins must be way better - smaller RE footprint and less staff and they still probably do better-than-proportional food numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back