• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTXXXIII - weird goodbyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the hypothetical where i win a billion through the powerball, i don't think i'm buying multiple homes

just travel and stay in nice spots

I don't really see the benefit of owning multiple homes in this scenario

a second home only makes sense to me if it's in reasonable driving distance (whatever that means to you)

if you find a few fav. spots i'd def see the plus of having your own shit ready to go so you can roll in whenever you want

You're thinking too small. You have a billion dollars. Buy a plane and some land for a runway and you can be in and out of Maui in no time.

If I won that kind of money I’m buying a sick yacht right away no question.

i'mma just hire a personal assistant to CREATE JOB(S) and they'll handle all that for me

i don't need a house

we are all eating from the trashcan!

NYC also has the advantage of relative privacy. Since you're surrounded by other millionaires.

What percentage would you try to give away. I can’t imagine being able to blow through even 50 mil

What percentage would you try to give away. I can’t imagine being able to blow through even 50 mil

I would be super paranoid about all the ways I'd lose it (generalized anxiety at work!) and have to gasp actually work again, so I'd probably be pretty conservative. Probably aim to spend ~5 mil a year and donate another 5 mil a year once my living situation has been upgraded.

But it really starts going fast when you start thinking about hiring that full time personal driver, chef etc.

WRS is gonna blow through the whole stack in 5 years when he gets the YACHT.

The kitchen in this house is miserable.

I think that might be either the 2nd or 3rd kitchen technically. Split into a three floor unit, 2 floor unit, and 1 floor top level apartment all w/separate entrances and their own kitchen/LR.

First priority is to set up trust funds so my progeny can celebrate the wokest offerings in their favorite liberal arts university course catalog.

From there, set aside 8 figures of spending money then the rest goes into a private foundation that pays me and my wife annual salaries to do good (like endowing a professorship that focuses on victimhood studies).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back