• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB5.0: PM Creamy for Forbes Info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teddy was right about everything except sending bombs in the mail

theory good praxis bad

tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo1_400.gif

I own several guns
Never carry but do have a CCP (makes it easier to buy guns if you have one, which is the main benefit for me). I've only taken a gun somewhere for "protection from others" a few times (i.e. brought with me in my car or something) in my life and maybe a few more times in wilderness situations, where I wasn't really "scared"/"worried" but didn't hurt either.
I have 4 shotguns, one is my upland field gun, 20ga, which i've had my whole life and is too small for me but I shoot it really well. I typically use it when shooting clays. I have two 12ga, one for duck hunting and one was a busted gun that my dad gave me that I fixed (i.e I don't really use it and it's of no special value, but it was free and I fixed it with an hour or two of investigation and a $10 part) and my wife has a small child sized 20ga that she shoots occasionally.
A few hunting rifles, a few old war rifles (i.e garand/enfield types) an AR that I built for the sake of building one (I don't shoot it much) and a few .22lr plinkers
I have few pistols, most of which are stock and skew towards target shooting and one on Ruger mark III .22lr that I put new grips and a better trigger on and use it for "competition."
All guns kept in safes

Last edited:
i have a .270 for deer hunting and a 12ga over/under for sporting clays. the guns and the ammo are kept in separate places with trigger locks.

still have a CCP but sold my kimber and my 9mm b/c it was a shit DAO walther model and never 'replaced it', mostly to keep handguns out of the house. if we still did a lot of backpacking I'd probably buy a .40 or .45 but i'd never EDC

i have a .270 for deer hunting and a 12ga over/under for sporting clays. the guns and the ammo are kept in separate places with trigger locks.

still have a CCP but sold my kimber and my 9mm b/c it was a shit DAO walther model and never 'replaced it', mostly to keep handguns out of the house. if we still did a lot of backpacking I'd probably buy a .40 or .45 but i'd never EDC
My mind always rebelled at the idea of carrying the added weight of a handgun when I was backpacking.

heard about houston
heard about detroit
heard about pittsburgh pa

remember when Bush admitted the war in Iraq was unjustified lol

How many of you guys own guns and have them in the household? Anybody carry on their person?
I own a few (5), 2 of them inherited. 2 shotguns (12 gauge auto and 4-10 single-shot); a .22 caliber single-shot rifle; a Ruger .22 pistol; a .32 Colt (clip fed) that belonged to my grandfather. He carried it on payroll day at the Cone Mills plant, where he was The Man (and when folks were paid in cash every Friday). As far as I know, it's never been fired. It's likely 70 years old...or older. He only carried it going to and from the bank.

I only carry (the .22 pistol) when I'm astream fly fishing, but not often. Depends where I'm going.

I've considered doing a concealed carry class, but I'm uneasy about it.

I learned to shoot as a kid, growing up in rural NC.

I guess I'm in the camp that says I'd rather have it and not need as opposed to needing it and not having it.

I own a few (5), 2 of them inherited. 2 shotguns (12 gauge auto and 4-10 single-shot); a .22 caliber single-shot rifle; a Ruger .22 pistol; a .32 Colt (clip fed) that belonged to my grandfather. He carried it on payroll day at the Cone Mills plant, where he was The Man (and when folks were paid in cash every Friday). As far as I know, it's never been fired. It's likely 70 years old...or older. He only carried it going to and from the bank.

I only carry (the .22 pistol) when I'm astream fly fishing, but not often. Depends where I'm going.

I've considered doing a concealed carry class, but I'm uneasy about it.

I learned to shoot as a kid, growing up in rural NC.

I guess I'm in the camp that says I'd rather have it and not need as opposed to needing it and not having it.
What are you worried about that the 22 is big enough to protect you from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back