• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Curry signs with The Giants

Seem to recall in player introductions and Biographical info he lists EE Smith and not Wake Forest. Just like a guy who didn't go to college or hated his college. Just like Willie Parker doesn't list UNC. It's a shame. I was a big AC fan when he was here but he's proven to be an NFL failure and a hater of WFU.

Nice to see the other NY Team make an ass wipe move.

What do you mean? His career stats are 3.96 tackles per game and 0.11 sacks per game. I can't believe Oakland waived him last year(Nov. 2012) and it only took the Giants 6 months to snap him up. Looks like the Giants will be the pre-season favorite in the NFC East.

Dude gave us an ACC championship. Who cares who he tweets about and roots for?

Curry was an important member of that 2006 team, but he did not lead us to that championship. He did not lead the defense or even his position group. He was the 2nd leading tackler on the defense. A great accomplishment for a sophomore on a strong defensive team.
Abbate lead the team in tackles (2nd in the ACC), including 15 against GTech as the game's MVP. That's who lead us to that championship.
If you want to go beyond stats, Abbate moves even farther ahead.

Shoot. Sorry. Was looking back to check stats on that game and saw the he was ABC's game MVP. Thanks for the correction.

Curry was one of several people who gave us a championship. He's not hurting Wake football just your feelings.

If that is directed at me, he is not hurting my feelings one bit. In our personal interactions, I have been very impressed with the guy. Very humble, motivated and respectful. I wish him well.
Someone on the first page said he lead us to the championship. Then you followed up stating that he gave us that championship. He was an important part, but there were many other important parts, some more prominent that year.

Pretty obvious who's feeling are hurt, though. E-hug.

You're making a silly semantic argument. He doesn't owe us anything. He was an important part of a championship team.

Curry was one of several people who gave us a championship. He's not hurting Wake football just your feelings.

Agree with this. Just as he can act anyway he wants towards Wake, I can choose not to root for him In the NFL.

Why is Curry acting like this? Why did the #4 pick in the draft last just 2 years with the Seahawks? Was the knee injury the reason why Seattle got rid of him?

Curry had a number of tweets over several years that were outright hostile towards Wake. He turned his back on us long before anyone stopped being his fan.

He was downright antagonistic.

The majority of this board (myself included) has been outright hostile and antagonistic towards Wake for the last 3 years, and will continue to be for at least the next year.

I'll root for him to turn it around and play well. Plus, he can't be worse for the Giants than Herzlich, Keith Rivers, and Jacquain Williams will be. I imagine he will win a starting job pretty easily.

You're making a silly semantic argument. He doesn't owe us anything. He was an important part of a championship team.

Likewise I do not owe him anything either. If he wants to make negative statements about Wake and root for a rival why the hell should I be a fan of his? Dude burned the bridges, not the other way around. If I started tweeting bad stuff about where I went to grad school I lose the right to be welcomed back with open arms.

So it's okay to boycott football season tickets and deacon club donations because of wellman as some morons on this board are doing, yet curry is the guy we should root against because he supposedly hates his alma mater. got it. god we have some fucking moron fans.

So it's okay to boycott football season tickets and deacon club donations because of wellman as some morons on this board are doing, yet curry is the guy we should root against because he supposedly hates his alma mater. got it. god we have some fucking moron fans.

The only morons are the ones who think its acceptable to bad mouth a institution that gave you the free world class education that you will have to fall back on once you wash out of the league.

He more than paid any supposed debt he has to MSD well before he left. Remember Jacksonville? Miami? Who cares if he doesn't bow down to Wake?

As much as Curry is bla, he did just retweet my Wellman Billboard tweet to his 33K followers... So at least he's behind the buzzouters from a website traffic standpoint.

Back