• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Curt Schilling is awesome

wow Im not on twitter and have never really used it (#old) but it looks like a bunch of fucking dorks flaming each other.

What is the upside of Twitter? What is a good use for it?

yeah I'm old blah blah

ha, i mean pretty amusing to think that Shilling's response was on par with the shit those clowns were saying about his daughter. His response was not douchey at all, IMO. Respond in a classy way to shitty bullying is better than some background shit.

i think he's an idiot but not for this

Well said.

By the way, I laughed at @GabbyS_chilling. Nice.

wow Im not on twitter and have never really used it (#old) but it looks like a bunch of fucking dorks flaming each other.

yeah I'm old blah blah

Instant #kenpomupdates

yeah I'm old blah blah

some people use it that way, especially YOUTHS

but it's a great news medium or way to put all your news sources together and read headlines all at once (like an RSS feed) and choose what to read from there

there are also lots of clever people on it

i don't really follow celebs, athletes, ppl who just want to post about what they had for breakfast, etc.

What would be the purpose of posting that about your daughter for the entire internet to see? I'm not following. Its just like a "look at me" thing?

some people use it that way, especially YOUTHS

but it's a great news medium or way to put all your news sources together and read headlines all at once (like an RSS feed) and choose what to read from there

there are also lots of clever people on it

i don't really follow celebs, athletes, ppl who just want to post about what they had for breakfast, etc.

ah ok thanks.

What would be the purpose of posting that about your daughter for the entire internet to see? I'm not following. Its just like a "look at me" thing?

"Look at me" is arguably more of a Schilling thing than even most social media.

As another #old I like Twitter for getting updates from businesses I'm interested in. I actually use it to group my favorite local restaurants together and check to see who has the best sounding lunch special, just for one example of its usefulness. I find that Twitter represents both the best and worst the Internet has to offer.

Last edited:
Hard to feel sorry for those 2 jackholes. Always amazing what people will post on the interwebs under their actual IDs.

Also, WakeandBake, Jesus Christ man, it's 2015 and you don't know anything about Twitter. I respect the shit out of you, but put down the gravity bong for 3 seconds my man.

WakeandBake, as a fellow #old, I use Twitter to follow my favorite bands, comedians and my local weather dude. Have Tweeted less than 5 times in the years I have been on Twitter.

On Instagram, I follow my favorite brewery and band. Outside of that, it's just butt pics from people like Jen Selter.

I follow beat writers for sports teams, a few bloggers, and comedians. Oh and bands/musicians for tour announcements. Don't think I've ever actually tweeted though.

it's almost like he's rustling jimmies

ITT a guy who posts about his newborn baby at least 5 times a day looks down on another dad posting about his kid on the internet.

What's more amazing is that W&B works in IT and doesn't know twitter

Meh; I think he's a sys admin or development manager - his job knowledge isn't impacted by his lack of knowledge of twitter. It's not like he's a marketing or social media director.

I don't have twitter or instantgram or tweet-snaps. I'm doing just fine, thank you.

It's time to take responsibility for your social media posts and not hide behind the internet. I'm all for 1st Amendment rights, but if you yell "FIRE" in a crowed movie theatre, you need and should have to accept the consequences.

It's time to take responsibility for your social media posts and not hide behind the internet. I'm all for 1st Amendment rights, but if you yell "FIRE" in a crowed movie theatre, you need and should have to accept the consequences.

Back