• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

There’s speculation Sinclair is preparing to sell their RSNs.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Media/2022/08/29

The independent board of Sinclair’s Diamond Sports Group has retained the investment banks LionTree and Moelis, according to multiple sources. The move to hire these banks has led several industry execs to believe that the group’s 21 RSNs are being prepared to be sold.

Analysis: Diamond Sports bankruptcy would be worst case scenario

Companies that have considered buying Sinclair’s RSNs consistently predict that Diamond Sports Group eventually will have to file for bankruptcy. At that point, potential buyers believe they would be able to swoop in and make a deal.

But a report today from an influential financial service called Reorg Research suggests that a Chapter 11 bankruptcy would be a worst-case scenario for leagues and teams that have deals with Diamond Sports.

In such a scenario, the report says, “Diamond would likely not be required to make ongoing postpetition payments to counterparties under the rights contracts until either the assumption of a particular contract (at which time Diamond would be obligated to cure any past defaults, including nonpayment) or confirmation of a plan (at which time the counterparty would be entitled to payment in full of an administrative expense claim for postpetition value provided to the debtors).”

That means that in Chapter 11, Diamond will be allowed to continue showing games without making payments to teams -- even during a long restructuring that takes 18 months. That would be a debacle for the teams and the leagues.

Recording shows on YouTubeTV is extremely easy. After years of doing it, I can’t imagine going back.

YouTubeTV is the best way to watch TV. I can basically watch whatever I want whenever I want. Except for the damn RSN.

I also love the user interface where you can switch between all the games that are on at any given time. It is amazing during football season.

I also love the user interface [B said:
where you can switch between all the games that are on at any given time[/B]. It is amazing during football season.

Wait, what? How do you do that?

YTTV lets you buy just the Red Zone which will change game to game for you for 6 hours straight, no commercials.

But Red Zone is automatic switching to scoring plays, right? You can't pick what you want.

But Red Zone is automatic switching to scoring plays, right? You can't pick what you want.

Yeah. But you can also get Sunday Ticket.

I usually watch the Panthers at 1:00 with RedZone on my tablet and exclusively watch RedZone at 4/4:30.

Sunday Ticket is available outside of Directv now? I don’t know.

Yeah. On the DirecTV app.

i wish someone would just bundle these streaming sources together into one mega list of channels i could pick from

i wish someone would just bundle these streaming sources together into one mega list of channels i could pick from

maybe find a way you include internet services too, but like at cheaper price if you package them together

Was at a kids birthday party the other day and one of the older siblings there, probably 3rd grade or so, hit me with "did you know my grandparents used to have a phone in the house that had wires!!!???"

Was at a kids birthday party the other day and one of the older siblings there, probably 3rd grade or so, hit me with "did you know my grandparents used to have a phone in the house that had wires!!!???"

was at the beach this summer and my mom has a tv in her bathroom and we were giving all the kids a bath in there and she turned on Paw Patrol on Nick Jr for them and they all freaked out when it went to commercials

I can appreciate the decent degree of humor in the Nissan heisman house commercial where the young guys are trying to teach spurrier how to charge his car but they have no idea what to do with a landline phone.

It is a possibility, but tough to read much into this. Fubo TV and Diamond Sports (Bally) are both near bankruptcy and grasping at straws.

Back