• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

Just got an email from YTTV that they're raising the price to $72.99 starting next month

Is the Roku remote ever gonna get the switch back and forth button or are they just gonna ignore this forever?
I just wish you could reprogram the quick access buttons so they aren't useless for either services I don't have or those that are no longer in existence.

Just got an email from YTTV that they're raising the price to $72.99 starting next month

Yeah I just put that in the chat thread too. Still cheaper than cable but that seems like a steep hike for no obvious reason. Not like they brought back Bally (RIP) or anything.

Yeah I just put that in the chat thread too. Still cheaper than cable but that seems like a steep hike for no obvious reason. Not like they brought back Bally (RIP) or anything.

I certainly get less from YTTV than I did when I first bought it for $49.99.

Agree that they added cost without any benefits. That really stinks.

I’d like to figure out an endgame with content providers constantly raising prices and forcing channel packages.

They did add multi view which is pretty cool
Yeah, this is bad ass for the tournament. If they do it for football season, I’ll be fine with the price increase (though that seems less likely, since it’s not contained to 4 channels).

In fact, they dropped MLB Network and still raised the price. They are falling into cable's mistake - adding a bunch of channels nobody wants and jacking up the price. I can't wait for a la carte programming.

Until then, you could sign a petition to make Fox News optional or not carried at all. That's a great way to lower your cable bill

Unless I am a moron and can’t figure it out, it looks like right now you can’t watch the two games that are actually being played (Baylor/UCSB and MSU/USC) on the YTTV multi stream - they have two multi streams with 2 games each, but the other games on each are either at half or not started. Am I just missing something? Using a Roku.

Yeah, this is bad ass for the tournament. If they do it for football season, I’ll be fine with the price increase (though that seems less likely, since it’s not contained to 4 channels).

Feel like they must be able to do that with Sunday Ticket headed there. Bet it was the requirement of the NFL to award it to them

Just got another email

Get excited! You’re one of the select few who get to experience multiview. Watch up to 4 March Madness® games at the same time, on 1 TV screen.* Look for live multiview streams in your Top Picks for You section when you open the YouTube TV app on your TV.

Why is multiview just two games now? It was four games last night.

In the announcement tweet, they said they’re still working on if 2 or 4 is better since this is early release. I think 2v4 is the exact same 2 has dead space above and below that would fit the other 2.

did you guys actually like watching four small boxes?

Yeah, it’s pretty good. I keep up with all games and then select one when it’s close at the end.

Back