• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

maybe

i'm at my brother's place and he has the 65" or whatever TV

would rather just watch the most interesting game on the whole screen
Well, you can go to one game with the click of one button, Then when a commercial comes on hit the back button, and you can quickly check in on all the other games, Then one click and back to a single game.

Juice watching one game at a time like a normie. It’s not the early 90s. Keep up.

Men’s college basketball has a ton of commercial breaks. They overlap. It sucks.

I enjoy the multi view. It's not that good for watching all 3 or 4 games at the same time but it is great to be able to go back and forth between all of the games quickly.

And it seems like YTTV price even with the increase is better than other services. I know that Sling TV advertises lower prices but they have 2 different packages, and then even with the combined package the price is almost as much as YTTV but with less channels.

Anyone else having problems lately with YouTube TV app crashing on Apple TV device?

Want to drop YouTubeTV for the summer but also want to watch the NBA playoffs, would there be a decent replacement to just watch the playoffs?

Anything else that would get you ESPN, ABC, and TNT.

Disney is planning a direct-to-consumer streaming option for the ESPN channels: What’s next for ESPN’s direct-to-consumer plans? Timeline and what it means for sports fans

How will this impact your viewing as a sports fan?​

Significantly. Like everything in sports content, it will impact your finances. There will be a monthly price point to subscribe to ESPN+ and that number will be significantly larger than it is today given the premium inventory that will be available (such as postseason games in college football, the NBA and NHL, etc.) when ESPN makes the full move to DTC. The price point has to be larger because fewer people will be DTC subscribers versus cable.

Keep in mind you will undoubtedly still have the option to pay for ESPN as a cable subscriber if you are a consumer who has not cut the cord. The X-Factor is how cable television providers react to the news. ESPN, the most expensive channel in the cable universe at close to $10 per subscriber, has long been the most important content of the cable bundle. As the Journal wisely noted, cable TV providers would still be paying to carry the ESPN channel while competing with the new streaming service that has all of its product. It’s a fool’s errand to guess what the price point will be right now. Disney will undoubtedly do data research to figure out what people will pay for an all-encompassing ESPN+. And the company will quickly modify it if the numbers don’t work.

Apparently I’d have to pay extra to get the tennis channel on YTTV. Seems to be only way to watch French Open today.

Guess I won’t.

Is anyone doing sling Orange with sports?

I figure that with a digital antenna should have me covered and it’s still $20 cheaper than YTTV.

I was thinking digital antenna + espn+ but I feel like there are some sports gaps in there.

Is anyone doing sling Orange with sports?

I figure that with a digital antenna should have me covered and it’s still $20 cheaper than YTTV.

I was thinking digital antenna + espn+ but I feel like there are some sports gaps in there.
It seems like Sling isn't really all that cheaper than YTTV, unless you only want a limited selection of channels. You get basically everything with YTTV but with Sling you have to decide which of the 2 (Blue or Orange) you want and if you get both it costs more than YTTV.

Seems like I’m required to “activate” my Apple TV ESPN app very often.

Using YTTV, have Disney + ESPN package.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any way to decrease the frequency of having to activate the ESPN app?

I use the ESPN app through my Roku tv and don’t get prompted to activate it every time. It keeps me logged in

Seems like I’m required to “activate” my Apple TV ESPN app very often.

Using YTTV, have Disney + ESPN package.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any way to decrease the frequency of having to activate the ESPN app?
i have to activate either my ESPN access (via YTTV) or my ESPN+ access (separate subscription) in the Roku ESPN app about once a month

On YTTV is there a way if you record a game and start from the beginning when it’s still going that it doesn’t start showing what’s live when you hover over it? That might not make sense how I’m saying it.

Basically I record all Wake and Panthers games and if I start watching a little later, when I open YTTV the icon for the game is the top thing in the For You section. And when you put the cursor over it it gives a little live preview. So I kinda just try to not look when clicking start from the beginning. I already have it hide the scores.

Back