• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Just from watching him in press conferences and he responds to questions-- really quite an arrogant attitude.

Attended fan fest, exhibition game and watched all our regular season games. Thought our defense and willingness to compete was better at Unc. We have to beat Syracuse or this season is looking like a lost cause.

You are the man as far as being able to tolerate pain and ask for more. All admiration there. Agree that the UNC game was the best defense of the year. Would likely be ranked if we had seen that all year.

Not sure why we hustled more except rivalry and desperation has to be a factor. The Orange looked good against Tech. Hopefully, we play well enough at home to get the win. Willing to give Manning one more year to get it together.

I don’t see Manning as arrogant at all. He is definitely introspective and confident but he doesn’t seem arrogant.

I love his demeanor and quiet strength approach, but he has to produce at the end of games. Just the fact.

I don’t see Manning as arrogant at all. He is definitely introspective and confident but he doesn’t seem arrogant.

I love his demeanor and quiet strength approach, but he has to produce at the end of games. Just the fact.

Correct. Just like Wellman has to eventually make a good basketball decision over 25 years to keep his job. Oh wait, no he doesn’t.

Not sure why we hustled more except rivalry and desperation has to be a factor. The Orange looked good against Tech. Hopefully, we play well enough at home to get the win. Willing to give Manning one more year to get it together.

Is that because of the recruiting class?

Recruiting is a big factor,great players cover a multitude of problems. Hoard should be an impact player and we should have a lot of returning talent. Need to finish this season as well as possible and make the tourney next season. Otherwise, not much to be optimistic about under Manning.

Recruiting is a big factor,great players cover a multitude of problems. Hoard should be an impact player and we should have a lot of returning talent. Need to finish this season as well as possible and make the tourney next season. Otherwise, not much to be optimistic about under Manning.

I'm a pretty big Manning believer and I think he'll be very good for us, but I agree with this 100% (assuming no ridiculous early departures like Craw or Key). We should be a very good NCAA tourney team next year with our returning roster and the pieces we're adding.

A lot to be said for how a team responds to adversity. Two games in a row couldn't close but he had them focused and tougher tonight!

Thought the staff had a pretty good game plan tonight. Hope to see more of that along with quality execution.

The progression of our team throughout this year is impressive. Really speaks to the staff and the players’ hunger to compete.

The progression of our team throughout this year is impressive. Really speaks to the staff and the players’ hunger to compete.

Couldn't agree more. We do well in conference and all anyone will notice about the shitty start is how much the team improved.

Danny gets some cred today. Had the strategy to beat the zone. Craw in the middle. I'm guessing some one else was supposed to be there when craw was out. Probably example of some players executing to the plan and some not .

Back