• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

This is madness.

Danny can put the guys in place but if they don't execute (aka make the shot at the end of OT) he can't do much else.

6 years was too long, pretty much starting from scratch.

After the debacle of the last four years many are impatient for success. Being realistic with the available talent I was only hoping we could be competitive in most of the games keeping the score close. With new talent arriving many of these close games should go in our favor next season. Two seasons forward, we should be in the upper tier of the conference.
Because of Wellman's lack of management skills and sticking with a loser for four years we have all had to endure a great deal of heartache.

This. Next season will be nothing more than Year 6 of the WF rebuild. Seriously think about that. Who would have thought when we let go of Dino that we'd be rebuilding for 6 fucking years!?
After Dino was fired? No. After Bzdoofus was hired? I can believe it.

This. Next season will be nothing more than Year 6 of the WF rebuild. Seriously think about that. Who would have thought when we let go of Dino that we'd be rebuilding for 6 fucking years!?

Heh heh, problem is, we didn't do any real rebuilding in the first 4 years.

How Wellman has survived this horrible mismanagement of his department's flagship program for 4+ years is beyond me. The people in charge must enjoy sucking their own dicks a lot, because they sure as fuck aren't paying attention to what is actually going on.

We are 1-7 in conference guys. Talking tourney berths for next year seems extremely premature to me.

It's not all that unrealistic to believe that if a few more bounces go our way, we're at least 4-3 in ACC play and 12-9 overall.

It's not all that unrealistic to believe that if a few more bounces go our way, we're at least 4-3 in ACC play and 12-9 overall.

But we aren't, so it's pointless. Besides that, 12-9 overall in late January doesn't place any team on the NCAA bubble.

But we aren't, so it's pointless. Besides that, 12-9 overall in late January doesn't place any team on the NCAA bubble.

Obviously. But there's still cause for optimism for the remainder of the season, and certainly going into next year. You couldn't say that about the previous regime come January.

The REDACTED Era of Wake basketball will never be my benchmark for any Wake hoops team from now until eternity.

I'm not criticizing this team or coach by saying that, I'm just saying comparing anything to that clown's time in charge is useless to me.

Once again, we have no top 75 players on this roster period. It's not a very talented team at all.

We add three top 100 players to replace Darius, Green, and possibly Rondale. Not exactly losing a lot of integral parts.

Last edited:
How Wellman has survived this horrible mismanagement of his department's flagship program for 4+ years is beyond me. The people in charge must enjoy ronnie sucking their dicks a lot, because they sure as fuck aren't paying attention to what is actually going on.

FIFY

Once again, we have no top 75 players on this roster period. It's not a very talented team at all.

We add three top 100 players to replace Darius, Green, and possibly Rondale. Not exactly losing a lot of integral parts.

8d5RdCR.jpg

We aren't adding top end talent either. We don't have anybody coming in top 30, right? Any top 50? 60?

The September RSCI has Doral Moore at #59 and Bryant Crawford at #87. And John Collins might be most ready to contribute next year.

The September RSCI has Doral Moore at #59 and Bryant Crawford at #87. And John Collins might be most ready to contribute next year.

And we're not asking those players to step in and be immediate star players for us. It's quite possible at least two of them come off the bench next season. That will give us the depth and versatility we need to win.

And we're not asking those players to step in and be immediate star players for us. It's quite possible at least two of them come off the bench next season. That will give us the depth and versatility we need to win.

So, if I understand this correctly, we all acknowledge that the talent level on the current team isn't quite good enough to win a lot of basketball games. The players we have coming in are probably not good enough to start for a team without the required talent to win a lot of basketball games. Their addition, however, will lead to our team winning a lot of basketball games.

Somehow I feel like my comprehension skills are just lacking today due to this head cold. Can somebody please explain to me how we take a less than talented team that is 1-7 in conference, add in players that won't be good enough to start, and become a team that will win a lot of games?

CMM and DT get their FT% up to 70% or so and reduce their turnovers from 6 to 4 per game and be effective senior leaders. Also, our 3 promising frosh all make a big jump as sophs. Then add a shooter with size to the mix. Everyone else can be mixed and matched as needed.

So, if I understand this correctly, we all acknowledge that the talent level on the current team isn't quite good enough to win a lot of basketball games. The players we have coming in are probably not good enough to start for a team without the required talent to win a lot of basketball games. Their addition, however, will lead to our team winning a lot of basketball games.

Somehow I feel like my comprehension skills are just lacking today due to this head cold. Can somebody please explain to me how we take a less than talented team that is 1-7 in conference, add in players that won't be good enough to start, and become a team that will win a lot of games?

We'll have a stronger bench.

Back