• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

I think Bernie Sanders would make a great fit at Wake and get us to the top of the ACC quickly. He could take a player from the rich (ie) Duke, L'Ville, FSU etc. and makes us competitive in the league quickly! We could pay off the debt we owed then at some time in the future.... maybe

First of all, I'd rather have Larry David than Bernie as coach. He'd be funnier.

RE: paying off debt, we could hire Trump- he'd just default on the debt and it would get him out of DC. Then, we could fire him.

Wake could do worse. If she will take the job, sign her up tomorrow.

I'm sure she learned how to speak to the media from Pop. She'll need it her first few years at Wake.
lol

I'm pretty sure he's joking. No one really thinks an NBA assistant coach is going to come to Wake.

I'm pretty sure he's joking. No one really thinks an NBA assistant coach is going to come to Wake.

Maybe not, but a guy who up until this afternoon was an NBA head coach is on the radar screen of some, so why not?

I've got her just after Beilein's health plan and ahead of Bernie Sanders on my list.

Having John Beilein, who just resigned as coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, a guy who has 40 years of coaching winning college basketball on my radar screen is dumb????????
No, the comparison to Hammond is dumb for all of the reasons you just spelled out.

If fans want Wake to hire Hammond or Beilein, I know the perfect guy to get the job done and close the deal. He's a very recently retired AD who, in fact, managed to successfully sell the Wake coaching gig to a former NBA head coach a long time ago. This guy is probably more than happy to offer his services to Mother So Dear.

If fans want Wake to hire Hammond or Beilein, I know the perfect guy to get the job done and close the deal. He's a very recently retired AD who, in fact, managed to successfully sell the Wake coaching gig to a former NBA head coach a long time ago. This guy is probably more than happy to offer his services to Mother So Dear.

:eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes: :slash::slash::slash:

Maybe not, but a guy who up until this afternoon was an NBA head coach is on the radar screen of some, so why not?

I've got her just after Beilein's health plan and ahead of Bernie Sanders on my list.

Wake needs this like it needs to get BZ back here. Never recruited or coached college. Only Wellman could consider this.

Sidney Lowe, Patrick Ewing, and Jawann Howard left NBA assistant coaching jobs to take the head coaching job at their alma maters. Mark Price left the Hornets to take the job at UNC-C. That was from the top of my head, but I would bet there are plenty of examples.

I don't see Hammon taking a college job though.

So you don’t think an NBA assistant is leaving to come to Wake.

Not that one. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities though.

Not that one. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities though.

So you think Duncan may come back to Wake? Maybe Frank Johnson comes out of retirement. There’s no NBA team in Winston like there is in Charlotte.

So you think Duncan may come back to Wake? Maybe Frank Johnson comes out of retirement. There’s no NBA team in Winston like there is in Charlotte.

So there's no way an NBA assistant would ever take the head coaching job at Wake ?

Back