• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

How about Dane Fischer? He’s a young up and comer and is doing great work at William and Mary this year. Plus, both of his parents graduated from Wake.
He's been a head coach less than a year

Donald Ross logic says we should have hired him 10 years ago

But he was an assistant coach at Williams and Dave Clawson went to school there.

But he was an assistant coach at Williams and Dave Clawson went to school there.

And the name "Williams" is associated with a dadgum/frickin' great coach who will not let "junk" like talking real classes interfere with basketball, so there's that.

I heard some interesting info today from a current well known college coach. He states that Manning will be fired and that the #1 choice for Currie is Rick Barnes followed closely by Steve Forbes and John Belein. No mention of Shaka, Miller or Matta. Seems Currie has ties to both Barnes and Forbes but not with Belein

I heard some interesting info today from a current well known college coach. He states that Manning will be fired and that the #1 choice for Currie is Rick Barnes followed closely by Steve Forbes and John Belein. No mention of Shaka, Miller or Matta. Seems Currie has ties to both Barnes and Forbes but not with Belein

Good to hear Manning will be fired. I really like that list too. Glad Shaka is not mentioned. No surprise Matta isn’t mentioned. Interesting Forbes is mentioned, Currie must believe he could get it done at Wake, so if he thinks he can, I definitely can too. If Currie can pull in Rick Barnes, then he’ll yeah, pull in Rick Barnes. That would be sweet. Glad Beilein is being looked at too.

I don’t know if you are reliable or not, I’m new to this board, but I would love for all of this to come true.

The tides are quickly turning, looks like some of the big time donors are flipping against Manning. Ive always said when Manning gets fired Currie will go for a home run hire.

If this has any truth, I’ll be ecstatic. Also, seems Currie has some strong ties to coaches in Tennessee after having such a shitty tenure @ UT. If he pulled Barnes away from UT, that would be the biggest “fuck you” to Fulmer. I’m here for that.

Regardless of how likely it would be, it would be the ultimate FU payback to Tennessee if Currie somehow did actually take away Barnes. And I say this as a secondary/familial Tennessee fan.

If it's between a 65 yo Rick Barnes and a 67 yo John Beilein, I'll take Beilein every time.

A month of Rick Barnes rumors would be such a tease.

Why is Tennessee struggling this year?

Big win by RJ's boi TJ Otz handing the Aztecs their first L. Seems to be getting things going at UNLV

A month of Rick Barnes rumors would be such a tease.

Why is Tennessee struggling this year?
Lost their top 3 scorers - Grant Williams, Admiral Schofield, and Jordan Bone.

Seems like a pipe dream and a half that he would leave Tennessee for Wake. He's making $4.7M next year.

Man, I would be thrilled with Rick Barnes. Seems like a stretch but maybe Barnes would enjoy being back in the ACC.

Barnes isn’t happening.

Beilein isn’t happening.

I could see Forbes happening, whereas a few weeks ago I couldn’t. The only thing that could stop us landing Forbes would be ETSU making a run in the tournament and he gets even more sought after.

Of course, that is what ETSU will do, I mean you are definitely picking them in your bracket, right?

Ayo is correct about Barnes’ contract. $4.7 next year with $250K raises each year. I can’t fathom we have the ability to pay that much. Beilein is far more affordable.

Back