• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

If Beilein is gone from the Cavs and we don't do everything in our power, short of renaming the University after him, to get him to come to Winston-Salem, then we truly don't care about basketball.

I don’t really see the Beilein appeal for either party. If I’m him why not just call it a day? The guy is a zillion years old and has certainly made plenty of money. No need to take on what’s sure to be an enormous rebuild. For Wake, we need someone who potentially has some staying power over the long term and can generate some excitement around the program. Just doesn’t seem like a good match.

I have it on very good authority that the deal breaker was Hatch's refusal to sign off on the endowed professorship in the Department of Journalism for Shaka's wife, Dr. Smart.

That "Dr." thingy could be a deal breaker.

BlueCrossBlueShield will fuck Beilein, mark my words.

Not for seniors. We can get $0 co-pay, $0 Deductible with BC/BS and have a cap of something like $899 for chemo and other extreme treatments.

Get some fake ID for you and your kids.

I don’t really see the Beilein appeal for either party. If I’m him why not just call it a day? The guy is a zillion years old and has certainly made plenty of money. No need to take on what’s sure to be an enormous rebuild. For Wake, we need someone who potentially has some staying power over the long term and can generate some excitement around the program. Just doesn’t seem like a good match.

He will get a substantial buyout from the Cavs for the remainder of his four more years there.

Looking at our returning players, they do fit his run and gun style. But like you said, he may not have any interest in going back to the college recruiting grind.

If Beilein is gone from the Cavs and we don't do everything in our power, short of renaming the University after him, to get him to come to Winston-Salem, then we truly don't care about basketball.

I'm good with Beilein University of Wake Forest in Winston-Salem if he wins a natty.

He will get a substantial buyout from the Cavs for the remainder of his four more years there.

So the Cavs signed him to a five-year contract and want him gone eight months in? Sounds like coaching contracts are universally stupid.

So the Cavs signed him to a five-year contract and want him gone eight months in? Sounds like coaching contracts are universally stupid.

They basically are these days. Teams/schools are too weak here. If Coach X has to be paid most or all of the remaining contract if he's fired, there's no reason the coach shouldn't have to pay most or all of the difference between his pay and the cost of the coach plus any costs for search and lost revenue his leaving creates. Of course the sides would be able to negotiate, but this is a place to start.

A concept like that would end a lot of this BS.

Back when baseball free agency started, Charlie Finley was called crazy for having the best idea about contracts anyone has had since then. He said there should be a rule that no free agent contracts should be more than three years and players would get to free agency sooner. This makes a lot of sense.

If three years is the most anyone can get, then there will be more players available and prices will be kept lower. However, players who improve can get more money sooner. It definitely hurts older players who want one last contract at 32 or older, but they could make more earlier.

This thread is why I keep coming back to these boards.

The Head of HR at Wake is my sister-in-law’s sister-in-law. I have some interesting info on the health insurance discussion as pertains to the higher-echelon university hiring policy. PM for details

Mike Gansey is employed by the Cavs, IIRC. What if Beilein brings him along for argument's sake? I'd chip in to see him pummeled in the groin by Chris Paul's kids.

john Becker
Vermont (America East Conference) (2011–present)

2011–12 Vermont 24–12 13–3 2nd NCAA Second Round
2012–13 Vermont 21–12 11–5 2nd CBI First Round
2013–14 Vermont 22–11 15–1 1st NIT First Round
2014–15 Vermont 20–14 12–4 T–2nd CBI Semifinals
2015–16 Vermont 23–14 11–5 T–3rd CBI Semifinals
2016–17 Vermont 29–6 16–0 1st NCAA First Round
2017–18 Vermont 27–8 15–1 1st NIT First Round
2018–19 Vermont 27–7 14–2 1st NCAA First Round
2019–20 Vermont 21–6 11–1

Vermont: 210–90 (.700) 114–22 (.838)
Total: 210–90 (.959)

The Head of HR at Wake is my sister-in-law’s sister-in-law. I have some interesting info on the health insurance discussion as pertains to the higher-echelon university hiring policy. PM for details

I'd like to know more about the higher echelon hiring policy/policies.

I have it on very good authority that the deal breaker was Hatch's refusal to sign off on the endowed professorship in the Department of Journalism for Shaka's wife, Dr. Smart.

Well, something positive about one of Hatch's actions.

PM Please

Is that why you are on the Wake payroll? :)

Let's look at the history:

To replace Odom, the Top 2 on my list were Majerus (whom I posted wouldn't take job and Skip (FIRST and ONLY person to mention him)
To replace Dinos my list was ONE person - Stevens (and he was young). Wellman FUCKED that up.
To replace redacted, again my list was ONE person SHAKA and Hatch FUCKED him.

There is ONE outstanding pick this time.

1. SHAKA
2. SHAKA
3. SHAKA
4. SHAKA
5. MATTA (if healthy)

Longshits would include Marshalls, Donoan and Bielien.

Shaka is NOW 100% there for our taking at bigly dicount. $5.5M/y gets it done. It's ALL on CURRY not to FUCK us. SHAKA!SHAKA!SHAKA!

Last edited:
Back