• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

bigboy and Icker make is sound like the decision is already made. The only question is how they’ll justify it.

You have stated that Manning will be back in 15 of your last 25 posts. We get it. Most of the people on this board want Manning gone. You have stated the same opinion. Like you, many of the people on this board have quit financially supporting Wake Forest in full or athletically. If you have information you can share that would enhance the likelihood of Manning's departure, I would appreciate it if you would share that information in detail. If not, you might want to curb your hysteria. You have discontinued your financial support. You have discontinued attending all Wake Forest functions. You have expressed your opinion to those in authority. Short of anarchy, you have exhausted all active options for change. To this point in time, the powers that be at WFU don't care about you or us. It is that simple and that clear cut. Try to enjoy OGB for what it is, an opportunity to exchange opinions. No more, no less. Just an opinion.

The powers that be appear to enjoy hanging out near the locker room. Me me me egomaniacs.

Sarr and Chaundee on track to graduate right? Bring Manning back and those guys would be stupid not to move on to a top team where they could start and play meaningful basketball

Sarr and Chaundee on track to graduate right? Bring Manning back and those guys would be stupid not to move on to a top team where they could start and play meaningful basketball

Being "on track" means they should graduate in May 2021. Would some program give them two years of scholarship for one year of playing time?

bigboy and Icker make is sound like the decision is already made. The only question is how they’ll justify it.

Yeah with the super hot take that big donors like the way we have been playing the last 10 games.
3 wins at home vs teams w/losing ACC records
7 losses
Manning is a dead man walking.

It's always my favorite thing when someone posts a contrarian opinion with nothing but a vague thought process to back it up, then follows it up with "I hope I'm wrong..."

The majority here think that the most likely outcome is that DM will not be retained. There's some that seem to enjoy thinking that the sky is constantly falling, and I'm sure that their numbers will swell if we win 2-3 more games this year. We had to hold a press conference last year to justify keeping our coach, and he has a losing record with a relatively easy non-conf schedule and a very, very down ACC. Let's relax.

You are using normal sports management logic. Wake doesn't operate that way. It never has. Currie is an alum from the LOWF era. Plus money is tight. Burning down the buyout makes sense from a hard numbers perspective. Manning will stay until April 2021. Book it.

Unfortunately alot of the big donors like the direction we are trending. They think Manning is coaching alot better the last 10 games or so. Last night they felt a big step was taken forward for the future.
Are you sure they aren't just rationalizing why they won't donate enough money to buy him out? Under normal circumstances, Manning would be gone. Since the price tag is apparently high, they are the ones being asked to pony up big money. People here stopped giving because they don't trust the decision makers at all, why would the big money crowd do something different?

You are using normal sports management logic. Wake doesn't operate that way. It never has. Currie is an alum from the LOWF era. Plus money is tight. Burning down the buyout makes sense from a hard numbers perspective. Manning will stay until April 2021. Book it.

:sick:

with bigboy and Brangus on the same side, the brain power is just overwhelming. How could they be wrong?

One of my favorite things about this board is how PhDeac will fight tooth and nail when anyone posts something that he even partially disagrees with, even if it is just a nuanced difference of opinion or perhaps something with some decent logic behind it.

But if it fits his narrative? It must be true. No matter the source.

I'm not saying Manning is or is not going to be fired, but I don't think bigboy and Icker are my trusted sources for big donor / athletic department information.

My asshole, admittedly, will pucker up tighter and tighter as we approach the end of the season and have no clarity... But anything short of a statement from Currie between now and the end of the ACC tournament is pure speculation.

I think Wake will finish 15-15 and get one in the ACCT to get to 16-16 and get a berth in the NIT. That is more than enough to give Danny another year. At this point termination would be wrong.

I think Wake will finish 15-15 and get one in the ACCT to get to 16-16 and get a berth in the NIT. That is more than enough to give Danny another year. At this point termination would be wrong.

i forget, what was Dino's last year like?

with bigboy and Brangus on the same side, the brain power is just overwhelming. How could they be wrong?

This "information" requires a complete revision of my world view.

Danny, Danny, he's our man!!!!!!

or

Go Banana Slugs!!!!!

or

Go Anteaters!!!!!

Decisions, decisions. Some decisions are hard.

Danny Manning show tonight.

Need some good questions for Mannequin.

Ask for his input on who should replace him at the end of the season? Ask him what the strengths and weaknesses of Wes Miller, Kelsey and Matta would be.

The fact he won't accept calls without knowing the question or statement shows cowardice.

Back