• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Club Receptions: We Need Good ?s

Currently the stated goal for next season is "historical competitiveness." I think every effort should be made to quantify that in terms of wins and losses so that they cannot do the same thing they did last season and change their standard for success midway through the season.

BINGO!

I haven't paid too much attention to these threads, but I understand the movement going on here. I refreshing my mind to get questions for next Monday. Should be interesting how he does with the NYC crowd.

Winning with integrity is going to be used a lot so maybe some kind of question that plays off that and highlights the part about us not actually winning.

I'd ask him how his TIAA-CREF is doing. Who really gives a shit what he thinks about basketball.

How about:

[rjkarl] Jeff, why do you think Wellman is willing toilet you flush another season down the drain? [\rjkarl]

The other thing to remember is that the bluehairs at these meetings want to drink some [Redacted] straight from the well... man. Being overtly antagonistic will likely get the crowd against you as well and give them first-hand "proof" that #BzzOut is a lunatic fringe movement. It's about winning hearts and minds and you can't do that when they're just pissed off at the messenger.

The other thing to remember is that the bluehairs at these meetings want to drink some [Redacted] straight from the well... man. Being overtly antagonistic will likely get the crowd against you as well and give them first-hand "proof" that #BzzOut is a lunatic fringe movement. It's about winning hearts and minds and you can't do that when they're just pissed off at the messenger.

This. The buzzout movement has a message problem. Many people, especially out-of-towners, only read what Ron is saying and inherently trust that he is telling the truth.

I'd agree with all but the NYC event. There's a higher ratio of young grads here, thus, a higher chance for some #BuzzOut fireworks. Now, whether they bother to show up (and whether [Redacted] bothers to show up) is a different thing altogether.

I'd agree with all but the NYC event. There's a higher ratio of young grads here, thus, a higher chance for some #BuzzOut fireworks. Now, whether they bother to show up (and whether [Redacted] bothers to show up) is a different thing altogether.

What is the exact day of NYC - I'll come in for it...

I think, as others have said, the key is to try to get him to come out with a set number of wins next year that is his goal. You can do this respectfully, and it puts him on the ropes for 2013 - 2014. He can't come out and say 13 wins is acceptable - make him define 'historical competitiveness'...

Someone should ask about the retention of assistants and certain players if we had such a culture problem under previous leadership.

The actions of this board absolutely have input on his decision. To think otherwise is naive.

To think there was ever a chance of [Redacted] showing up is naive.

Has he ever done one of these things outside of Winston Salem?

I'd bet he has. If he hadn't it would have been brought up.

I don't see the big deal if he cancels. If he cancels then he leaves the old money bags disappointed that he didn't show up. Disappointed old money bags might lead them to complain. More DC complaints aren't gonna hurt anything.

Exactly. He bailed on Charlotte 2 years ago with little notice. Donors were pissed.

I don't hold that against Bz since no city on the incline would want him around.

Back