• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Club Receptions: We Need Good ?s

If you pay with a credit card and he doesn't show up, challenge the charge. Tell the credit card issuer you were promised that [Redacted] was going to be there and he didn't show up. Tell him you didn't get what you paid for.

I get the hearts and minds thing, but come on. Just blow him up. Maybe someone else will pile on and it will just become a clusterfuck.

"[Redacted], how does it feel to be the most hated man in Wake Forest sports history?"

I work on the same block as the Harvard Club and would normally not hesitate to attend, but I really have trouble justifying donating any money to the AD at this point. Conflicted. :(

Looked at my registration confirmation from last year and it appears the event was free. Bz did show up fwiw.

Wellman is probably going to be there so plan questions appropriately for him too. Somebody saying something like how can you be convinced [Redacted] is the right person to lead our program after a full season of watching actual tournament teams every week with your own two eyes?

If you pay with a credit card and he doesn't show up, challenge the charge. Tell the credit card issuer you were promised that [Redacted] was going to be there and he didn't show up. Tell him you didn't get what you paid for.

Facepalm

Its $25 fucking dollars you cheap skate. If he doesn't show, drink your admissions worth and punch yourself in the balls for falling for the fucking scam. Challenge your credit card company?? wtf...

it's perfectly legit to dispute a charge where the good/service was falsely marketed or defective. if the keynote speak doesn't show up to an event, the CC company WILL refund your money.

how do you call someone a cheap skate over 25 dollars. that's not an insignificant amount of money. feel free to paypal me 25 bucks anytime.

it's perfectly legit to dispute a charge where the good/service was falsely marketed or defective. if the keynote speak doesn't show up to an event, the CC company WILL refund your money.

how do you call someone a cheap skate over 25 dollars. that's not an insignificant amount of money. feel free to paypal me 25 bucks anytime.

If you to go a Wake Forest event in midtown Manhattan at the Harvard Club, socialize with friends, eat, drink, then listen to either Battle, Rusty or Chill speak and then go home and call your CC company to get your money back, you are a fucking cheap skate.

I'll happily spend $25 if the alternative is 30 infuriating minutes on the phone with some cc customer rep with a strong Indian accent.

If you to go a Wake Forest event in midtown Manhattan at the Harvard Club, socialize with friends, eat, drink, then listen to either Battle, Rusty or Chill speak and then go home and call your CC company to get your money back, you are a fucking cheap skate.

Well said. The last event I went to was with some Wellman pawn who didn't know much about Wake sports or sports in general except for what was in his prepared materials. But I talked to some good Deacon fans, saw a few old friends, ate some good food, and had a great time. Go. Check out the Harvard Club. Put on some Crimson and pretend you support a legit basketball program. Hang out and have a good time.

fair. i was thinking more along the lines of walking in the door, learning bz would not be there, then leaving. i also didn't think about that in manhattan 25 dollars actually is nothing.

@ TBR - idk about your CC company, but with mine it's hassle free and can be done via e-mail.

Of course Buzz won't show up. Neither will any guests interested in Wake Forest Basketball.

fair. i was thinking more along the lines of walking in the door, learning bz would not be there, then leaving. i also didn't think about that in manhattan 25 dollars actually is nothing.

You wouldn't leave though. It's a great venue and you would probably have some decent hors d'oeuvres.

Think of the alternative....walk less than a mile down 44th and have a draft Coors Light and some Dragon Chili Cheese Fries at Guy Fieri's Bar. :D :sick: If you tipped 15%, it would be $25.

You wouldn't leave though. It's a great venue and you would probably have some decent hors d'oeuvres.

Think of the alternative....walk less than a mile down 44th and have a draft Coors Light and some Dragon Chili Cheese Fries at Guy Fieri's Bar. :D :sick: If you tipped 15%, it would be $25.

well, no argument with that either.

i suppose bzz is not going to be there just based on the fact that every time he speaks publicly he falls all over himself

I work on the same block as the Harvard Club and would normally not hesitate to attend, but I really have trouble justifying donating any money to the AD at this point. Conflicted. :(

Unless you are stroking a check that night, the $25 is just going to cover the cost of the event. The AD isn't making any money off you being there. Go and tell at least 1 university employee you are unhappy with the direction of our program.

Never mind that there's almost definitely fine print somewhere that gives them the right to switch out speakers at these events.

Never mind that there's almost definitely fine print somewhere that gives them the right to switch out speakers at these events.

I don't think the print was even that fine this year. IIRC, and I could well be wrong as I threw it away in like 0.2 seconds, the brochure said pretty clearly the lineup was subject to change.

Bumping this for tomorrow night's extravaganza. Anyone else planning on going? I managed to sell enough cups of lemonade to scrounge up 25 bucks, thus there will be at least one pissed-off-but-still-intrigued-by-booze-and-hors d'oeveres OGBoarder in attendance.

Bumping this for tomorrow night's extravaganza. Anyone else planning on going? I managed to sell enough cups of lemonade to scrounge up 25 bucks, thus there will be at least one pissed-off-but-still-intrigued-by-booze-and-hors d'oeveres OGBoarder in attendance.

I'll be there too

All right now. If law enforcement is not called to the event, we will know that you two wussed out. Although it is possible that Buzz now has a permanent security detail paid for by your DC contributions...

Last edited:
Back