• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Club - time to pony up

Calling tomorrow to ante up.

Also, 2&2 is clearly trolling. Currie has done no wrong and he’s hung up on the past regime...Ron Wellman can’t hurt you any more...

2&2 let it go bud, Currie has done his job beautifully, i’m giving money for the first time in 10 years and it feels damn good.

He's absolutely right. Clawson has a great program that is worthy of support. We've won multiple national championships in multiple sports in the past few years - all more than worthy of support.

This is a good place to remind you that Wake has won 9 team national championships. Here is how many team national championships some other ACC programs have won: Clemson 6, BC 5, GT 5, NC State 2, Louisville 2, VT 0 (that's correct, VT has never won a national championship), Pitt none since 1976 (they claim a bunch of odd titles before that). Wake has a lot of teams, coaches, and athletes worthy of support.

It's hilarious the VT has zero national championships to their name. They also struggle with Hokie Club participation, hence why you see Drive for 25 on the fields, and some uniforms. They have a nice breakdown of donations per school which I found to be very surprising.

http://hokiescholarshipfund.hokiesports.com/#start

I'm the most consistent person on here. The guy finally did his job (in the exact manner I have been pushing, btw), a year too late, and we're supposed to open our wallets as if the last 10 years didn't happen? We even haven't won a game yet. You guys are like battered wives, give you a flower bouquet and you're sucking dick while forgetting about the neck brace you are wearing.

I'm excited about this hire and hope it works out, but we have a long way to go before this mess is actually cleaned up.

The neck brace I'm wearing is from the previous 2 head coaches and former AD. Now I have these 2 new loves in my life that have shown nothing but love and desire to please me........damn right I'm gonna suck it.

I am impressed with the coaches that Wake Forest has in most of its sports right now (I know baseball might be questionable).

It's hilarious the VT has zero national championships to their name. They also struggle with Hokie Club participation, hence why you see Drive for 25 on the fields, and some uniforms. They have a nice breakdown of donations per school which I found to be very surprising.

http://hokiescholarshipfund.hokiesports.com/#start

It's funny because people who like to dump on Wake don't realize this stuff. I tell folks all the time that Wake has some damn good sports. These are people who don't really give shits about anything other than their school. It's mostly Carolina fans I have this problem with. The only problem is the one major college sport that matters in North Carolina hasn't been good in a while at Wake Forest.

I'm the most consistent person on here. The guy finally did his job (in the exact manner I have been pushing, btw), a year too late, and we're supposed to open our wallets as if the last 10 years didn't happen? We even haven't won a game yet. You guys are like battered wives, give you a flower bouquet and you're sucking dick while forgetting about the neck brace you are wearing.

I'm excited about this hire and hope it works out, but we have a long way to go before this mess is actually cleaned up.

What an idiotic post

Who knows...Currie may have been told as part of his offer that the school would not be firing DM last year. (In hindsight, that appears to have taken a couple months to make happen.) Even if That’s not the case, tho, what an outrageous task that would have been when Currie hadn’t even had a chance to unpack his bags.

You're a broke-ass hypocritical pussy and a terrible fan.

Other than that you seem like a solid guy.

Or it's very possible that the basis for firing for cause didn't occur until after the season.

Your continual call outs of Currie really demonstrate a thorough lack of understanding as to how college athletics works

Your continual call outs of Currie really demonstrate a thorough lack of understanding as to how college athletics works

I have a great understanding of how college athletics works everywhere else. What I fail to understand is why Wake plays by a completely different set of holier-than-thou rules that leads to minimal success.

And by the way, what he ended up doing is exactly what I (and no one else on here) said he should be doing for months. So I think I have a pretty good understanding of how it works.

I have a great understanding of how college athletics works everywhere else. What I fail to understand is why Wake plays by a completely different set of holier-than-thou rules that leads to minimal success.

And by the way, what he ended up doing is exactly what I (and no one else on here) said he should be doing for months. So I think I have a pretty good understanding of how it works.

maybe you should have applied for the job? Easy to be an armchair QB hidden behind a computer screen and anonymous moniker

Back