• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Club - time to pony up

He's absolutely right. Clawson has a great program that is worthy of support. We've won multiple national championships in multiple sports in the past few years - all more than worthy of support.

This is a good place to remind you that Wake has won 9 team national championships. Here is how many team national championships some other ACC programs have won: Clemson 6, BC 5, GT 5, NC State 2, Louisville 2, VT 0 (that's correct, VT has never won a national championship), Pitt none since 1976 (they claim a bunch of odd titles before that). Wake has a lot of teams, coaches, and athletes worthy of support.

Thanks for posting...will have to mention to my brother and sister and nephews/nieces who are Hokies!

Life long Wake fan but first time since I graduated in ‘15 that I have even considered donating to the Deacon Club.

Don’t live close enough to attend any games in person regularly but will be sending my DC payment in tomorrow.

First time in a long time I have been this excited about Wake sports and that is worth celebrating. Can’t wait to see where Currie, Clawson, and Forbes lead us in the years to come.

I replied to Curries email thanking him and saying I was ready to give again. I literally got an email from the Deacon Club 5 minutes later. These guys are hungry for donations.

I replied to Curries email thanking him and saying I was ready to give again. I literally got an email from the Deacon Club 5 minutes later. These guys are hungry for donations.

Well yea. They haven’t been able to travel and make solicitations for two months. Also lost a big chunk of ACC payments and baseball ticket revenue. Staring down the barrel of not having football games too.

Sent mine today x 2. Comeon Deacon Nation! Let's Get This Done!

Well yea. They haven’t been able to travel and make solicitations for two months. Also lost a big chunk of ACC payments and baseball ticket revenue. Staring down the barrel of not having football games too.

They don’t get much from baseball. I think there’s a chance they get close to breaking even if you include the funds from the CWS, but I still think they probably lose money all in all.

Wake is actually saving a lot of money from no spring sports. The only problem was they weren’t able to get in the NCAA tournament. I think I saw they ended up with 2 million or so less than they would have received from tournament money.

They don’t get much from baseball. I think there’s a chance they get close to breaking even if you include the funds from the CWS, but I still think they probably lose money all in all.

Wake is actually saving a lot of money from no spring sports. The only problem was they weren’t able to get in the NCAA tournament. I think I saw they ended up with 2 million or so less than they would have received from tournament money.

Still have to pay scholarship costs and coaching salaries.

I just sent a donation. But with a little extra in Dad's name. He'd have definitely loved to see the dawn of this new era.
Man. It actually makes me a bit misty to realize how close he got to seeing the end of this Lost Decade.

[For all the returning/new people, my Dad was an old Deac from the late 50's. He unfortunately passed away the first week of March. So close. :/]

I just sent a donation. But with a little extra in Dad's name. He'd have definitely loved to see the dawn of this new era.
Man. It actually makes me a bit misty to realize how close he got to seeing the end of this Lost Decade.

[For all the returning/new people, my Dad was an old Deac from the late 50's. He unfortunately passed away the first week of March. So close. :/]

Oh man! I’m really sorry.

Man, sorry to hear that. I can finally take my kids to a WF basketball game (maybe in January!).

Lost decade is over.

Back