• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon

man someone with superior bball knowledge (50x more than townie at least) excoriated me when i suggested these types of lineups.

Well, in fairness, he does have Doral penciled in for 30 minutes at the 5 and Sarr for 30 minutes at the 4. Doesn't leave much room for small ball.

I'm already prepared to be outraged when Syracuse inexplicably gets voted ahead of us. My guess is we get picked 10th

I have attached the article in the Winston-Salem Journal regarding Manning's plans to use our four returning guards. They did look our four best players the other day at fanfest. Childress was shooting great from deep, mid-range and finishing at the rim. Mitchell looked new and improved across the board. We shall see what the season brings...

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_b9a4c2d2-4851-5852-a6a4-7faa6d92b737.html

Looking for us to be #9- just outside the NCAAT but hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised with the newcomers.

BC, State, Pitt should absolutely be bottom three. Other than that I can see there being a lot of choices for the next few spots up to about 5 or 6.

I have attached the article in the Winston-Salem Journal regarding Manning's plans to use our four returning guards. They did look our four best players the other day at fanfest. Childress was shooting great from deep, mid-range and finishing at the rim. Mitchell looked new and improved across the board. We shall see what the season brings...

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_b9a4c2d2-4851-5852-a6a4-7faa6d92b737.html

I'm cool with that, but I'd really like to see Brown/Melo in place of Wilbekin/Chill at any given time.

It seems as though nobody can imagine us being better after losing JC (and Dinos, but I doubt that's playing into it). I think we evolve into a very different team this year given our roster flexibility, but limitations. I'm expecting a pretty rocky start as this transition takes place, but hopefully being anchored with 3 veteran guards and an easy early schedule will stave off any early losses until we can get acclimated.

Last edited:
ACC Operation Basketball 2017-18 Preseason Poll
(First-place votes in parenthesis)
Team & Points
1. Duke (57) - 1020
2. North Carolina (7) - 921
3. Notre Dame (4) - 852
4. Miami (1) - 809
5. Louisville - 733
6. Virginia - 690
7. Virginia Tech - 549
8. Florida State – 519
9. Georgia Tech - 468
10. Syracuse - 420
11. Wake Forest - 378
12. NC State - 310
13. Clemson - 289
14. Boston College - 181
15. Pittsburgh – 141

2017-18 Preseason All-ACC Team
(votes in parenthesis)
First Team
Bonzie Colson, Notre Dame (64)
Grayson Allen, Duke (60)
Joel Berry II, North Carolina (58)
Marvin Bagley III, Duke (26)
Ben Lammers, Georgia Tech (25)

Second Team
Bruce Brown Jr., Miami (22)
Quentin Snider, Louisville (12)
Deng Adel, Louisville (12)
Josh Okogie, Georgia Tech (11)
Jerome Robinson, Boston College (11)

ACC Preseason Player of the Year
Bonzie Colson, Notre Dame (49)
Grayson Allen, Duke (9)
Joel Berry II, North Carolina (9)
Bruce Brown Jr., Miami (1)
Jerome Robinson, Boston College (1)

ACC Preseason Rookie of the Year
Marvin Bagley III, Duke (58)
Lonnie Walker IV, Miami (3)
Lavar Batts Jr., NC State (2)
M.J. Walker, Florida State (2)
Jalek Felton, North Carolina (1)
Aamir Simms, Clemson (1)
Oshae Brissett, Syracuse (1)
De’Andre Hunter, Virginia (1)

Wake picked 11th - behind Syracuse.

Worst pick IMO is Clemson at 13th (behind N.C. State)

If we finish behind Syracuse this season, I'll eat a hat. They return one starter, have a mediocre freshman class, have no one else who has proven anything, and lost their entire frontcourt (with no one that had even played minutes in backup roles).

There is always a certain amount of inertia with these things... That's the only way I can explain Syracuse & FSU (& even UNC).

Lol at that whole 2nd team over Craw. What's up with the Bruce Brown love? Almost made 1st team. The hell.

So the 1st, 5th, and 9th best teams in the ACC have 6 of the 10 best players?

Back