• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon

Yup. And David Glenn Show was Buzz-in, or at least Buzz-waitandsee, well into year 4.

David Glen will just not say anything bad about a current coach that he plans on interviewing on his show.

If you read between the lines, you could sort of infer that he never cared for the hire. Mostly he cares much more about goodwill from coaches than giving any accurate assessment.

He usually is more honest once the coach is fired.

Would be more interesting if he showed the guts to actually "call em like he sees em".

I think we will end up a top 50 KenPom team, but I completely understand why we'd be ranked anywhere from 50-100 in preseason polls/rankings.

Really easy to just say, "Lost Collins and Mitoglou, bringing in 1 impactful recruit... They'll take a step back." I think that is flawed reasoning, but it is easy to justify.

David Glenn hated the [Redacted] hire off-air, but he just doesn't say anything bad about guys he interviews frequently.

David Glen will just not say anything bad about a current coach that he plans on interviewing on his show.

If you read between the lines, you could sort of infer that he never cared for the hire. Mostly he cares much more about goodwill from coaches than giving any accurate assessment.

He usually is more honest once the coach is fired.

Would be more interesting if he showed the guts to actually "call em like he sees em".

It's one thing to not say anything critical, it's another to go out of your way to defend the guy 3-4 years into a clusterfuck. No way he would let Roy or K's successor off that easy.

Ummm.... it was the fans who got a 4 season raw deal from [name redacted]. :tard:

Interviews [Redacted] frequently ? Sounds like a great show.

1db34f3e83faead98fe44b9f0136331b.jpg

Manning is saying he plans to play small with our 4 returning guards as much as possible.

My primary concern with that is rebounding against the FSU's and UNC's of the ACC. We can't really afford for it to get any worse.

Manning is saying he plans to play small with our 4 returning guards as much as possible.

Makes a lot of sense.*

~20mpg for Thompson (& Mitchell?) at the 4, ~20mpg of small ball
40mpg for combo of Moore/Sarr/SJM at the 5

Adjust as the season goes along once Manning figures out who belongs on the floor and shortens his bench.

*Other than "returning"... That seems odd given Chaundee.

Last edited:

That's not exactly what he said. I'll currently 1/6 of the way through transcribing the audio from yesterday, most of which I'll have up in Q&A format during the day today. My interpretation was that he plans on playing small and using four guards often at the same time. Chaundee is a guard (so is Melo).

The jury is still out for me on Manning substitution patterns, though... I'm sure there will be a ton of times when I don't understand what we're doing with certain lineups on the floor.

I mean, it was criminal how little time JC got his freshman year and the excuse was always, "He's got a double-double machine in front of him in Devin Thomas."

You gotta find a way to get your best players on the floor.

Why hasn't the preseason poll been released yet if Media Day was yesterday?

That's not exactly what he said. I'll currently 1/6 of the way through transcribing the audio from yesterday, most of which I'll have up in Q&A format during the day today. My interpretation was that he plans on playing small and using four guards often at the same time. Chaundee is a guard (so is Melo).

man someone with superior bball knowledge (50x more than townie at least) excoriated me when i suggested these types of lineups.

Back