• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon

Les had a number of player quoting tweets on Doral the legend this a.m.

Just hoping Doral can stay on the floor for ~20min, rebound, stay in position on defense most of the time, and finish an occasional lob and put-back. That'd be a nice improvement and would help Wake win a lot of games this year given depth and talent in the backcourt.

Before making the mistake of going to Montverde, Doral was ranked as highly as #33 on ESPN. After changing HS, he dropped to in the 70s on ESPN. Doral was ranked higher than JC.

What's amazing is that after adding nearly 60 pounds, Doral hasn't lost his hops or speed.

If he plays 25 mpg, 10/8/2 are very realistic.

If we can get Olivier to play PF by early January, our D will be much improved. If you watch the practice tape, it sure looks like Danny is thinking about doing this.

I'd be happy if he just rebounded like Buck Williams.

If he rebounds like Buck Williams, we will be very, very good. Buck was an absolute beast.

Oh good, let's hype up Doral like Manning did Crab a couple seasons ago. Good idea.

Just hoping Doral can stay on the floor for ~20min, rebound, stay in position on defense most of the time, and finish an occasional lob and put-back. That'd be a nice improvement and would help Wake win a lot of games this year given depth and talent in the backcourt.

titcr

I am not really sure why people are reacting this way to a nice but relatively bland quote from Wilbekin. The inclusion of ‘one last year’ doesn’t read as any kind of prediction about Doral to me, just Wilbekin recognizing that his own career is wrapping up.

Preseason Deacon Basketball Discussion

Keysawn has a quote saying Doral has made the biggest jump of any players he’s ever played with. Keep in mind, that includes John Collins from freshman to sophomore year. Not saying it’s completely accurate, but definitely encouraging coming from tow team leaders.

Ummm, really?!? Has to be some hyperbole as they both played with Collins. Admittedly, much of Collins' progression may have also come during the season.
If that is accurate, we will be really good. We have a very good backcourt. Wings have good potential. If Moore is really strong, and can play more than half the game, we are legit. I am skeptical until I see him match up against ACC bigs.

I am not really sure why people are reacting this way to a nice but relatively bland quote from Wilbekin. The inclusion of ‘one last year’ doesn’t read as any kind of prediction about Doral to me, just Wilbekin recognizing that his own career is wrapping up.

You must not have seen the quote from Key saying essentially the biggest jump he had seen a player make in one year.

Ummm, really?!? Has to be some hyperbole as they both played with Collins. Admittedly, much of Collins' progression may have also come during the season.
If that is accurate, we will be really good. We have a very good backcourt. Wings have good potential. If Moore is really strong, and can play more than half the game, we are legit. I am skeptical until I see him match up against ACC bigs.

Or they all thought Collins was pretty good to begin with, which I feel like is possible, too.

doral had a huge problem with conditioning in his first 2 years, dude would need a blow after 3 minutes of action. the much more focus on the gym quotes should help there. if he combines that with strong rebounding, stationary screens, and limiting fouls it will be a huge success.

I think some of these guys have seen Moore play some really bad basketball.

Or they all thought Collins was pretty good to begin with, which I feel like is possible, too.

This is how I read the comparison re: Moore and JC. Everyone saw potential in JC as a freshman, with more minutes and fewer fouls we knew he'd be good (and still most underestimated how good).

Doral has shown a few flashes, but nothing like JC. He could make a huge leap and not be the player JC was, but I'm sure watching JC's rise was a big motivator #whynotme?

Preseason projections from the Charlotte Observer's Luke DeCock: Link.

"Among locals, I have Duke first, UNC second and N.C. State 14th, but there’s a big gap between the Wolfpack and Pittsburgh, a team that could struggle at a historic level."

I guess we're not local? :noidea:

Back